Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Houseplant ID please

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Houseplant ID please

Postby Northpine » Mar 28, 2011 10:14 pm

I finally remembered to take my camera with me when I water the plants at the library. I would like help to id this plant so I can figure out its care. I'm including a close-up picture of the stem, the flower and an overall shot of the plant. I'm having a problem getting the leaves to be the rich green colour of the older leaves. When I first started caring for the plants at the library this poor one was collapsed on a heater. I repotted it and cut off all the dead stuff, but ever since, the new leaves have remained rather pale and streaky. I give it a weak solution of 20-20-20 once a month.
I would just like it to look more healthy. Thanks.

Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Re: Houseplant ID please

Postby Northpine » Mar 30, 2011 12:10 pm

In case anyone is interested, I have had the plant identified as dracaena thalioides.
I had posted a picture on a different site, and got lots of discussion but finally a positive ID. So I'm happy.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Re: Houseplant ID please

Postby Eeyore » Mar 30, 2011 12:14 pm

Thanks for letting us know Marie. That is one I've never seen before.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Indoor Plants