Indoor Plants - Gardening Forums

Leaves on ivy plant drying out

For advice and suggestions on indoor gardens, indoor plants, indoor propagation, hydroponics, and more, join in the Indoor Plants discussion.

Leaves on ivy plant drying out

Postby elizabeth24 » Jul 22, 2011 3:27 pm

My DD bought me an ivy plant, but I am having trouble keeping it alive, as the leaves keep drying out and becoming brittle, None of my other ivy plants are doing this. It is a regualar hedera helix, and does not have variegated leaves, they are all green. What am I doing wrong? Please let me know. Thank you so much.

elizabeth24
elizabeth24

Re: Leaves on ivy plant drying out

Postby Grannygardener » Jul 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Check for spider mite. .Sometime you can't see them but the back of the leaf feels gritty. Spray at 7 day intervals with insecticidal soap. Edie
I've spent most of my time in the garden,the rest I've wasted. Edie Zone4A, Ont.
Grannygardener

Re: Leaves on ivy plant drying out

Postby elizabeth24 » Jul 22, 2011 4:56 pm

Thank you, I did check for spider mites. No, I do not have any. The underside of the leaves is smooth. I did notice that two leaves near the bottom have brown half moons on them, which I did not see before. I removed both of those leaves. Does anyone know what this could be? This ivy is separated from the others for now. Could I be over or underwatering? I have no idea what the problem is. I do not have this problem with any of my other ivyies, which is why I am wondering what it could be. Thank you so much.

elizabeth24
elizabeth24

Return to Indoor Plants