Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

An angel

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

An angel

Postby earwig » Aug 02, 2011 9:37 am

I thought I would show the latest addition to my garden. A friend showed me a photo in a Canadian Living (Sept 2003 pg197) of a garden in Sparta, Ontario that they did a feature on. Belonged to Folk Artist Lucy and her partner Mike and they have many very interesting things in their yard.

She had it in her scrapbook and found it for me as she thought I needed an angel in my little bit of heaven. So I copied the idea.
img_8538.jpg
Click to enlarge.
Made from all recycled materials except for the nails and glue. The cedar wood was rescued from a burn pile when the boughs were used for gardland at Christmas, the halo is old rusty barb wire that was used for fences many years ago around here, the bark for the wings fell off of firewood when being cut.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Re: An angel

Postby Smitty » Aug 02, 2011 9:48 am

love it Betty!!

you are so talented
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby Northpine » Aug 02, 2011 9:52 am

You did a very nice job of it, and she looks very settled in your garden of Eden.
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby earwig » Aug 03, 2011 5:35 am

Thanks Smitty and Marie.
During the 10 hour thunder&lightening storm that finally ended early this morning I thought that I might be meeting a few angels.
Still have alerts for another later today but at least I don't have to be travelling in it today.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby Smitty » Aug 03, 2011 7:05 am

I don't much care for lightning storms...well from a well protected house with no atennae is not so bad...stay safe Betty
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby B_BQ » Aug 03, 2011 8:44 am

She's lovely! And she looks right at home surrounded by all your lovelies.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Eeyore » Aug 03, 2011 1:17 pm

I love her! She's gorgeous! I'm also glad you did not have any personal visitations from angels. :D
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Trailblaze1 » Aug 03, 2011 2:07 pm

Cute and clever!

Also nice to know you now have an angelic protector, Betty! I've been watching weather TV and looks like your end of the country is having some pretty heavy waters, sewers blocked up, and more rain coming down from the sky....as well as lightning!

We, otoh, are in drought here.
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Postby earwig » Aug 04, 2011 8:08 am

Thanks Lyn, Brenda, and Diane.
Another dreary day today but the lightening did not materilize yesterday although we did have a fair amount of rain. Weather looking good for Saturday which is good as I have an BBQ planned for a group of friends. All non gardeners which means I can pass the weeds off as valuable plants as with the inclement weather plus work this week, I have not had a chance to work on the garden.
Betty
earwig

Postby Trailblaze1 » Aug 04, 2011 9:03 am

Wow, Betty.....I just checked the online weatheroffice.gc.ca for Nova Scotia. I clicked on almost every place from A to Tatamagouche and it does look like Saturday will be the best day, and for a few places, Sunday as well. Other than this, it's rain, rain, rain for Nova Scotia!!

Have a great party!
Trailblaze is Diane Woodman
Trailblaze1

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas