Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Ideas are welcomed, New Gardener.

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Ideas are welcomed, New Gardener.

Postby Dasanism » Sep 19, 2011 7:26 pm

Hello, I'm a new gardener I know little about plants. I've been looking for hobbies during the winter and I absolutely love plants I love the green piece of earth that is so bountiful and pure.

I have a sun room "Solarium" and it gets from 80-120F

Do you guys recommend any type of Vegetable that won't be to hard to grow. I have pots and soil I'm just ordering seeds online and want to know what I should specifically get.

Also when I get them, I'm sure there is more to plants than watering. Nutrients and bamboo sticks will be needed for and when developing growth.

Thanks in Advance

Das.
Dasanism

Re: Ideas are welcomed, New Gardener.

Postby Eeyore » Sep 23, 2011 9:50 pm

Tomatoes and peppers can both be grown as indoor plants in a solarium. I don't think the cool weather crops will do well but anything that needs heat should be OK. I'm going to move this posting to F&V and hopefully our veggie gardeners will weigh in on this topic for you.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Dasanism » Sep 25, 2011 4:48 pm

Thank you dearly Madam, Eeyore .
Dasanism

Vegetable gardening is an intermidiate option of ..

Postby MatthewWilliam » Sep 27, 2011 7:40 am

As I am really impressed with this type of gardening as vegetable or fruit gardening because it may work like an intermediate option between you interest and profession which can maintain your interest by making money from this. Although as an interest it can fulfill your needs along with your interest.
MatthewWilliam

Postby Countryboy » Sep 27, 2011 8:37 am

One other requirement would be sunlite. Is there enuf in the Winter months to grow vegetables?
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby angelinaottawa » Sep 30, 2011 5:57 pm

get some cuttings of coleus, they like the sunny Solarium and very nice variation of foliage. In fact, I got some cuttings. I was told these plants are easy going, just soil + perlite, and a little bit of water.

i started this coleus flat, 10 cuttings 3 days ago.

Angelina

"A sustainable, eco-friendly community starts with you and me!"
My blog is at angelinayyz.blogspot.com
angelinaottawa

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening