Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

looking for Brug Cuttings

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

looking for Brug Cuttings

Postby thistle » Oct 01, 2011 3:53 pm

I moved House last Year and had to overwinter my Brugs in a different location than I was used to,with terrible results.I lost all of them.Fortunately I had saved a couple of cuttings to give to a friend,and ended up keeping them for myself.Unfortunately they were both White. I am desperatetly looking for Peach,Pink, anything other than White. I will gladly pay postage if anyone out there has any cuttings to spare.
thistle

Re: looking for Brug Cuttings

Postby Lulu » Oct 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Boy, do I have cuttings!

Are you ok to root the cuttings? And, how big do you want them; the bigger & longer the cuttings, the more the postage, but I should be able to get several into a box that will cost around $12. to mail (I think??) Most of the cuttings are from above the "Y", or they are, in fact, a "Y", so you should get flowers the first year.

Pm, me, with your snail mail address and your preference as to colors and how many you want.

If anyone else wants some, pm me the same info. Monday is the only day I can get to the mail and I usually send express post, and it arrives by Wednesday.
Lulu

Postby thistle » Oct 01, 2011 9:39 pm

OOH Lily you have made my Day,I will P.M. You.
thistle

Postby mike in Ottawa » Oct 20, 2011 11:39 am

I want to thank Lulu for a wonderful package i received from her yesterday, a beautiful box well packed with 12 wonderfully healthy brugs. I have now 12 babies to look after through the winter and hopefully next summer i will have 12 beautiful children. :D

Thanks again Lulu (Linda)
mike in Ottawa

Postby thistle » Oct 20, 2011 4:20 pm

I too received a package of Brug cuttings from "Lulu" I was thrilled to get them as all my Brugs got frozen last Year.The cuttings were all healthy and packed beautifully AND I am happy to say they have all rooted.,I can't wait for next Year to see them in bloom.
Thank you again "Lulu" (Linda) :D
thistle

Postby Lulu » Oct 20, 2011 8:55 pm

Glad they've rooted for you, Thistle, and glad yours arrived ok, Mike. Hope to see more than a few of us posting brug pictures next year!

If anyone else wants cuttings, let me know so they can be mailed, before it gets too cold.

The postage (express post) is generally $10. to $12., depending on the size & weight of the box. Most of the cuts are from above the "Y", so should bloom next year.

Yooo hoo,,,Ms. Liz, MareE, Brenda, Smitty; can I interest you in a beautiful watermelon colored one? If you're interested, but not ready now, contact me in the spring.
Lulu

Postby mike in Ottawa » Dec 18, 2011 11:38 am

2 months after receiving Lulu's package i want to report that all 12 of the Brugs that Lulu sent are all potted up and doing well.
Lulu sent me 6 different types of Brugs x 2, i had them sitting in water for about a month, and all had roots when i potted them up. 5 of the varieties have now got new branches up to about 4 inches high. 1 variety for some reason is slow in putting out a branch but they both have tiny little shoots coming out.

So once again i want to thank Lulu for her very generous gift.
mike in Ottawa

Postby Lulu » Dec 18, 2011 11:51 pm

Glad they're doing well, Mike!

Just don't curse me when the bugs start, in a month or two! It's aggravating, but short lived and just so worth the inconvenience!
Lulu

Postby orchidguy » Dec 19, 2011 12:53 am

When I joined the Brug Forum, Linda was the first person to greet me, and it felt good to have a "familiar" person welcome me on board.
I have nothing to gain from saying this (and am not an a** kisser), but your warmth, generosity and graciousness is an asset to all who interact with you not only on the Brug site, but also on this one as well. You are a much admired poster Mme Lulu.
I realize this is again travelling "off topic", but.......who cares
orchidguy

Postby Lulu » Dec 19, 2011 7:47 am

Well, thanks, Dan! :oops:

Haven't been posting too much on either this or the Brug forum, but I try to check in, late @ nite or early in the morning.
Lulu

Next

Return to Garden Seed Exchange