Feedback - Gardening Forums

Clicking photos to make larger

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Clicking photos to make larger

Postby earwig » Feb 19, 2012 7:25 am

It use to be that when a photo was right clicked it opened in a separate window at the size poster had submitted vs the resized one.

It still opens but not in separate window for me (I use Explorer 9 on Windows 7)
and I have trouble getting back to forum. Closing window closes forum, clicking back arrow means one has to refresh to get back into forum.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have not tried Firefox as I do prefer Explorer.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Re: Clicking photos to make larger

Postby Laura » Feb 19, 2012 7:34 am

I rarely click the pictures but did just try.The picture did open larger in a new window the back button worked.

I use explorer too .... the only problem I have with the forum is loading.I could take a nap in the time it takes to wake up .... :lol:
Laura

Postby Lulu » Feb 19, 2012 8:01 am

earwig wrote:Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? I have not tried Firefox as I do prefer Explorer.

I do use FF, and have been experiencing the same thing, when closing the photo; closing the whole forum! Then, the added grief of having to sign back in, and trying to get the main menu back to have a choice of "view new posts", without getting the log in page back. Thought it was just moi!
Lulu

Postby earwig » Feb 19, 2012 8:24 am

Lulu & Laura, I just tried using back arrow again and at least this time I did not have to refresh to get back to the forum.

My speed has picked up since first thing this morning and even better, the yellow triangle on internet access has not appeared once in the last hour.

I still would like to see the image appear in a different window but prehaps it will be looked at.

It usually opens quite speedy for me.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Postby davefrombc » Feb 19, 2012 12:35 pm

I am having a little bit of difficulty posting this morning. I have an 80 pound German shepherd/ pit bull cross insisting I play with him instead . Try typing something intelligible with dog toys being smacked on the keyboard, or elbows being nudged.

When you want to view a picture in their full size, right click on it and select "open link in a new tab" or "open link in a new window" to view the picture in its own tab or window that you can close and leave your original browser page untouched .
I checked with both IE 9 and FF to make sure that choice opens on both on a right click .
Left clicking the picture opens it in your original window, and you must use your back button to return to the page you left . That is working fine here this morning , but it does mean you have to reload instead when the forum is being temperamental.
It is best to use right click , open in new tab or window to view in full size so closing that window does not affect the page you were originally on .
There's my little non-gardening tip of the morning :lol:
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby earwig » Feb 19, 2012 12:56 pm

Thank you Dave, that does work. Now, if I can remember to right click vs my usually double left click, my frustration level will return to normal.
Betty
earwig

Return to Feedback