Feedback - Gardening Forums

Anybody There !! ....

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Anybody There !! ....

Postby Laura » Apr 02, 2012 12:46 pm

IF this posts ... and anybody can hear me ....

PLEASE PLEASE fix this gosh darn forum!!!

I could not get on,page would not load,for two days.I figured I had got caught in the "Newsletter" noose that Liz gets caught in.Then I could not post as each time I try this page says something very bad to my brower and it has a fainting spell.

Every other place I go on the net welcomes me with open arms and here I get booted out the door before I get a chance to say anything !

Well I will see you IF and when TPTB will fix this or I can slip throught the glitch without being detected ....until then I will be .... somewhere ... I think.

Hello to everyone and I will see you later .... I HOPE !

P.S. ... I have been trying to post this message for days ...

Laura

Re: Anybody There !! ....

Postby Smitty » Apr 02, 2012 1:21 pm

that sucks Laura...I had trouble last week but just for one day..hope they fix your problem...Miss your Smiles
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby davefrombc » Apr 02, 2012 1:49 pm

You ladies been misbehaving and got a time out? 8) The forum did have problems a few days ago , but it has been solid since.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Lizcordysmum » Apr 02, 2012 3:20 pm

Amidst a mighty "mid-winter-like" wind storm, today the site actually loads quickly and I can actually get into Post a Reply too.

With luck, I amy be able to Post it as well...before I die of old age.

Glad to see you again, Laura...I have missed you!

And you are right, absolutely...every OTHER site I go to does not hae these problems...it's instant response, every time.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Ron Evers » Apr 02, 2012 3:30 pm

I see you & I can post as well but not for a few days.

It looks the same as the last upgrade a couple years ago, it will take a few more years to iron out the bugs before another "upgrade". I get the impression CG is still using the same bum software & only tried to tweak it. This is the only forum that gives me grief. :x
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Lizcordysmum » Apr 02, 2012 3:41 pm

After I posted, (quickly, too!) I remembered that last week when the federal budget was coming in, the Toronto Star and Globe & Mail sites couldn't be accessed.

Wind gusts now being recorded up at the airport, not down here 200 feet above the ocean, are 85 kmph ..I'm told that wind is stronger, lower down. There is a sky to ocean wall of white cloud at the shore...off to the side I can still see much angry sea with white horses racing towards the shore.

God help anyone at sea today.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby davefrombc » Apr 02, 2012 4:22 pm

MY best guess is that CG is using a server with inadequate bandwidth to handle the online traffic they get. Likely the forum is sharing bandwidth on the
same servers their magazine site is. If there is a lot of traffic on the server , it slows right down , unable to handle it all.. That is how hackers take down sites. By flooding them with connection requests by thousands of computers .
until they fail under the load.
There is nothing wrong with the software CG is using for the site .. There is something wrong with the server or bandwidth allocated to the forum. Can you say getting away cheap ? or just limiting costs.. business decision , and we should be happy they give us a forum at all.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Eeyore » Apr 02, 2012 5:41 pm

I will move this to Feedback and inform Tara of this thread. Dave is probably correct in his analyzation of the situation. It would be interesting to know what the situation is. I wonder how many others are still having issues getting back on or encountering these types of problems?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby kelly_m » Apr 02, 2012 5:43 pm

last week...when no one could get on for a couple of days, it was not just CG but ALL of Transcontinetal's websites.......

I did notice I had to login after it came back up again....and check the remember me box!!!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Dumbo » Apr 02, 2012 5:57 pm

I think Dave's analysis is spot on. I mean this one:
davefrombc wrote:You ladies been misbehaving and got a time out? 8)

Zero issues here.

It could also be a routing issue and a few other things.
Dumbo

Next

Return to Feedback