Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Celebrate Earth Day

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Celebrate Earth Day

Postby Puff10 » Apr 22, 2012 1:42 pm

Again, this year, I celebrated Earth Day by participatingin "Adopt a Highway" program. Participants are asked to clean up ramps leading up to a major highway.The worst garbage, this year was a bag full of dirty diapers!!!It makes you think we still have a long way to go in educating people!!!Happy Earth Day!!
Attachments
Picnik collage primrose.jpg
Puff10

Re: Celebrate Earth Day

Postby earwig » Apr 23, 2012 7:10 am

Puff10 wrote:It makes you think we still have a long way to go in educating people!!!

Pretty fleur photos, Remi.

Some people just do not care, either it be garbage left at the side of the road or poisoning beneficial insects along with the bad so that can they have a perfect lawn and garden.

I have been watching a cd from http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b013pw23 about saving pollinating insects in Britain and educating people to do things differently.

Very informative, interesting, and the photography beautiful. I don't think the actually clips can be watched online from Canada but it has lots of links to great information.

Educating does work on the majority and it great to see the BBC doing its bit on providing it. I wish we could see this type of programing here in Canada.

Good for you for doing your bit to help the environment.
Betty
"The most serious gardening I do would seem very strange to an onlooker, for it involves hours of walking round in circles, apparently doing nothing." --Helen Dillon
earwig

Re: Celebrate Earth Day

Postby Puff10 » Apr 23, 2012 7:34 am

I completly agree with you, Betty. The perfect lawn is the ideal solution to a lot of home owners regardless of how many harmful products they have to use to acheive their "perfect lawn"!! I was able to watch a lot of the reports on BBC. Very informative!!

Remi
Puff10

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas