Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Revamping 2 Flower Beds

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Revamping 2 Flower Beds

Postby conniepr » Apr 29, 2012 9:26 am

Looking forward to revamping the two old flower beds at the front of our house this Spring. It's our fourth summer in this house and it's well past time.
010.JPG
Center of front yard. I've already added peonies and taken out hardy geraniums that didn't do anything nice there, but I have to dig out half the mock orange bush as it's crowding out the peonies!

Strangely enough, I don't have a picture of the work I did in behind this flower bed last year. I extended the flower bed from along the house to join into this one and I'm really pleased with it. But from the mock orange and forward towards the sidewalk still looks like this.
010-50pc.jpg
Along the sidewalk, this is an old pic too. The mini hollyhocks (mallow?) are now in the back yard. The carnation was killed by voles two winters ago. I'm keeping the peonies and adding cosmos to bloom in front after peonies are finished. The cranberry bush on the far side is just too far gone now. I'm taking it out, but might add a new one.

I had a local garden designer come up with a plan for me a few years back. It's taking me longer than I hoped, but I'm getting there. (Tried to add the scan of the design, but I'm getting "not allowed")
conniepr

Re: Revamping 2 Flower Beds

Postby Dumbo » Apr 29, 2012 6:14 pm

conniepr wrote:Tried to add the scan of the design, but I'm getting "not allowed"

I don't know what this forum allows or not, but I would look at what file type the scan is saving as. It might be a PDF or similar. Make sure it's scanned and saved as a graphic file (jpeg or jpeg).

Maybe they have a size limitation here as well. This i don't know... Scans get be rather huge at times. So what you can do is scale the image size down.
Dumbo

Re: Revamping 2 Flower Beds

Postby conniepr » Apr 30, 2012 7:44 am

I had another look. The pdf is below the doc size allowed, but pdf's are not allowed. I tried to save as jpeg but couldn't. I could take a picture of the drawing, I guess.
Attachments
011.JPG
This is the before shot.
conniepr

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas