Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Water bubbler fountain

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Water bubbler fountain

Postby Vendella01 » Jun 02, 2012 1:06 pm

I purchased a fountain from Loblaws several years ago, it is a tower with a ball on top where the water bubbles up on top of the ball and runs back down into the tower.
Inside the tower is a black pail where the pump sits. The pail now has a split, and of course the water runs out. Just wondering if anyone else had this problem and how did they seal up the pail. Unfortunately the pail is secured inside to the top of the tower. You can only access the pail from the inside, as there is not enough room around it inside the tower. Any one have any ideas on sealing up the pail.?
Apparantely it is very difficult to seal plastic. Help. I really like this fountain, hate to throw it. out. :?
Vendella01

Re: Water bubbler fountain

Postby Dumbo » Jun 02, 2012 2:36 pm

What type of plastic is it?

If it's polypro, a polypro welder (they exist, look up plastic tanks or similar in the phone book) may charge you a whole 10-15$ (or case of beer) to seal a small crack.

Otherwise, I would maybe check out a type of marine/aquarium silicon epoxy found at aquarium shops (likely the same cost as a polypro welder). Bonding again may depend on the type of plastic you have. If that doesn't work, then you can maybe contact the MFG and ask them what would work best?

EDIT:
Just to add, A weld is the best and strongest way to go.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas