Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Today in my garden

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Today in my garden

Postby agedgardener2 » Jun 10, 2012 3:03 pm

At last the Cipro has begun to kick in and I feel well enough to get some pictures of my garden.The Garden Gate people fertilized it .....whatever they used has been very effective.I can't show you my pictures....."They" say they are too large.I had my camera adjusted to the right size.I'll have to get some expert help.Too bad they were pretty nice pictures if I do say so myself.Joy
agedgardener2

Re: Today in my garden

Postby Puff10 » Jun 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Hi,

I'm no expert but hereis something you could do...go to picmonkey.com, click on edit photo,then click on upload, then resize ...

good luck
nothing more frustrating to wanting to share photos of your prize plant pic!!!
Puff10

Postby davefrombc » Jun 10, 2012 4:52 pm

Joy, I sent you a pm , but I'll repeat part of it here because others might like the information too.. You can get Irfanview, which is a free program that will allow you to view just about every picture and video format there is. You can use it to view a picture , do minor editing and resizing and then save it in many different formats .. The most common one that the forum accepts is .jpg . You can load a picture of another type into Irfanview, resize or otherwise edit it and then save it off as a .jpg to send it to the forum . By loading a picture into Irfanview and then saving it under a new name, you can keep your original picture and have a copy to use for the forum or e-mail . If you get Irfanview , also get the plug-ins for it .
There are many programs with far more extensive editing functions , both free versions and pay ones, but none are easier to use for re-sizing and format change than Irfanview.
You can get the link to a download service to get Irfanview and its plug-ins by going to http://www.irfanview.ca and clicking on a download link there.

There are several online services for storing and linking photos that can also be used to link pictures into the forum . One of the most popular is Photobucket, but there are several out there. I don't know the picmonkey that Puff10 mentions , but it may work much the same as many of the other free services . Google , Microsoft, Yahoo and others also have their offerings.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby agedgardener2 » Jun 12, 2012 6:52 pm

My GD came by today and resized my pictures.So here they are
Attachments
IMGP0471.JPG
IMGP0465.JPG
My borrowed view.
IMGP0464.JPG
Can you see the first waterlily bud?
agedgardener2

Postby Dumbo » Jun 12, 2012 7:15 pm

Damn. That looks nice.
Whoever is taking care of it is doing a fine job indeed.

I can see myself sitting there having a gin and tonic while taking it all in. (ahem, hint). ;)

Is the waterlily bud the one in the upper right?

Very, very nice.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Return to Garden Gallery