Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Brugs

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Brugs

Postby Smitty » Jul 18, 2012 9:05 am

I don't get here as much as I used to unfortunately but do peek now and again at what everyone has blooming....lurkseeing as my friend Mare calls it :-)

but I had to pop in and share my Brugs with you all.........thank you Lulu!!!!!!!!
despite the hot hot weather and lack of rain .....things are coming along nicely in the gardens

IMG_0011.JPG
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Re: Brugs

Postby B_BQ » Jul 18, 2012 9:58 am

Looking good. I see you have a flower too. I got my first one just over a week ago. With this hot weather mind you, I have to water them several times a day, and give them lots of fertilizer.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby bluebird » Jul 18, 2012 11:42 am

Nice looking brugs Lynn!
Do they overwinter indoors?
bluebird

Postby Smitty » Jul 19, 2012 5:54 am

thanks ladies...there are 8 flowers on that big one BBQ and the aroma last eve was amazing! water and fertilizer nonstop here too
yep bb the big one I kept growing all last winter..the wee ones, well lets say I attempted with cuttings last fall from Lulu.........good thing she has lots :-).
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty

Postby B_BQ » Jul 19, 2012 9:23 am

Smitty: Eight blooms! Excellent. Oh my gosh, the perfume. It's amazing. Every gardener should get a whiff.

Carol: I've got one Brug I've kept going for about 4 years now. I also took cuttings from it and now have two more of that one. Lulu sent me four cuttings, (pink), which I overwintered in the basement, and they're all doing very well. From 10" cuttings the smallest one is now nearly 3' high with lots of 'Y's.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby mike in Ottawa » Jul 19, 2012 4:17 pm

Smitty green with envy, Lulu also sent me a Brugs package i think there were 16 in total, i babied them through the winter, and they all survived, i replanted them outside once it was warm enough, unfortunately i lost one, but all the others look healthy, but absolutely no sign of flowers i have a feeling it might not be until next year.
mike in Ottawa

Postby Smitty » Jul 25, 2012 8:45 am

you are so right BBQ....the aroma is to die for!!!
Mike..the big one in the middle is one I overwintered from last year...the babies from Lulu are not setting buds yet.
Smitty

Return to Garden Gallery