Feedback - Gardening Forums

Safari and the forum

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Safari and the forum

Postby Dumbo » Jul 24, 2012 1:47 pm

Well I think I stated everything I can think of that could possibly be an end-user problem. So it's up to people to try the above.

If Kat thinks she has the latest, then it's the latest. But, I would clear the cache just the same. just to eliminate this little possibility that can be over-looked.

Katherine wrote:both Canadian Gardening AND Apple should get it together.

heh, will never happen.

You do realize I have to know the answer now. So I'll wait for the others to reply about the iMac, iphone and ipods, keeping in mind my kids ipod/safari works. Then I'll ask the developers of phpBB about this.

Have the mods here ever asked the Admin? If so, what was the reply?
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby davefrombc » Jul 24, 2012 2:17 pm

Most likely a loud snore from the admin. most of the time .
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Dumbo » Jul 24, 2012 2:34 pm

I am not leaning that way.

I am leaning on this *NOT* being a forum issue, but rather an end-user issue. So far nothing has changed my mind on this. And it's not like people have tried anything for themselves.

Admin is likely smart by not bothering and wasting their time on this.

Anyhoo...

So for the heck of it I tried different user agents since I read some ipad users who have issues work around the issue by changing user agent. So if the user agent is the issue, then spoofing the problem user agents should cause a fail.

But, it doesn't fail on login. At all.

Works:
1. Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7A341 Safari/528.16

2. Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPad; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5

3. Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/412.7 (KHTML, like Gecko) Safari/412.5

4. Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_7) AppleWebKit/534.16+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4

5. Your User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Mobile/8B5097d Safari/6531.22.7

6. Your User Agent: Opera/9.80 (S60; SymbOS; Opera Mobi/499; U) Presto/2.4.18 Version/10.00

Everything works!

When you log in with the ipad, iphone, or ipod browser that gives you problems, make sure you do *NOT* check the box that says, "Log me on automatically each visit".

I think i'm not going to bother with this anymore either. Everything i've done works.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Dumbo

Postby kelly_m » Jul 24, 2012 6:36 pm

Mods asked admin way back when.....

I had issues with accessing it on my ipod....kat was having issues....

The mobile issues was supposedly one of the bugs that was taken care of.

When I informed them it wasn't taken care of........
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Jul 24, 2012 6:48 pm

I used to have a lot more problems with getting on the forum than I do now (knocks on wood). I use Firefox on a MBP for the most part. I find the forum very hard to access when using an Ipod...I don't have an iPad.
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Dumbo » Jul 24, 2012 7:52 pm

Yeah, it's slow. Especially with all those ads loading. Should load faster if you block them all.

But, it does work as even Donna is pointing out.
Dumbo

Postby Dumbo » Jul 24, 2012 7:55 pm

kelly_m wrote:When I informed them it wasn't taken care of........

What's not taken care of exactly?
Dumbo

Postby Ron Evers » Jul 24, 2012 8:50 pm

Well, I am not a computer person at all but I can safely say this forum is the problem. I participate on several forums & this one is the only one that I have issues with. I damn near gave up on it several times & the "new" revision is no better than the last POS.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Dumbo » Jul 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Ron Evers wrote:...I can safely say this forum is the problem.

What problems?

Ron Evers wrote: I participate on several forums & this one is the only one that I have issues with.

What issues?

I find it funny that I've never had an issue on any machine, on any operating system, on any device, and on any browser.

ipod = ZERO issue. Slow.
ipad= ZERO issue
Safari = ZERO issue
iphone = unknown, but same iOS. Should be no issue.

They could install a mod/template for mobile redirection and optimization. That's all I see.

They could install phpBB.Mobile which is a beta and make the mobile users sign an agreement on login saying they are aware it's a beta. (I wouldn't)

They could *pay* to put in tapatalk to make the broken and non-conforming apple products behave a bit better.

Log-in problems = Never. Ever. (I joined after the forum update).

There is exactly one setting problem in this forum that I noticed, and it was documented in the feedback forum.

Reminds me of when I was a Certified Novel Admin and Bently Microstation support tech in a company. I never quit a job and cried with joy before. Users drove me nuts.

I pity the Admin here. The Admin seems to be having their balls busted for end-user problems. But I've seen worse, as I'm sure the admin here has.

Maybe the Admin should be paid to spend a day helping users with their computer problems?

So here is a question for the people with issues:

Would you pay to have your computer fixed up and pay for the consulting by someone who knows what they are talking about?

If not, then I say live with the issues.

And has anyone gone through the advice and links given above to try and fix your issue(s)?

It's not a forum issue at all that I can see. I have zero issue with all of the above. It's all the end-users problem.

Hey Dave, do you predict more ticket sales?
Dumbo

Postby davefrombc » Jul 24, 2012 10:03 pm

I'm working on the ticket sales .. LOL.
I haven't had any issues either since the new "improved" system was installed and initial bugs were taken care of; but as I said, I am on a pc and have zero knowledge of Apple istuff in general so I can't help there.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback