Fruit & Vegetable Gardening - Gardening Forums

Pole/vine beans multiple stems

Interested in growing a vegetable garden or a fruit garden? Whether you’re gardening indoors or outdoors, planting an edible garden can be easy and fun

Re: Pole/vine beans multiple stems

Postby Jersm » Aug 06, 2012 11:16 am

I believe i added feed with a lot of nitogen.

either way they might be 2x bigger then the ones i have in the ground and they just started to grow flowers last night so i wIll get peas after all. :mrgreen:

I wonder how big the pods are going to be i might keep that plant especially for its seeds since it grew so large and so well.
Jersm

Postby Heidi S » Aug 07, 2012 2:07 am

If the seed you planted was an F1 hybrid, saving the seed will be of no use - it will not reproduce the same next year. F1 hybrids are like mutts; when bred together, they revert to their parent varieties most of the time. Check your package for this detail!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Jersm » Aug 07, 2012 11:53 am

hmmm it doesn't seem to be a hybrid of some sort.

Its just a mutant plant its growing like crazy litearly inches a day still. Its about to grow taller then the pole i made for it and even its flowers are showing up doubles flowers instead of singles like the other in the ground.

i'll put pics of my mutant plant once it eventually stops growing and forms mutant pods.
Jersm

Previous

Return to Fruit & Vegetable Gardening