Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Ladybug; a gardener's friend!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Re: Ladybug; a gardener's friend!

Postby bluebird » Aug 08, 2012 7:43 am

Hi Adam and thanks! Yes indeed, I took all 2,947 (at last count-lol) photos on my site with just myself & my trusty camera gear (except for the profile ones with me in it :). Glad you enjoyed your visit!

Yes, there's a whole tiny world living in our gardens that's fun to discover with the macro lens. 8)
bluebird

Postby kelly_m » Aug 08, 2012 5:41 pm

Adam....Carol (BB) is not going to toot her own horn so I will.

:lol:

Our dear Bluebird is one in a million. She has inspired and taught many of us on the forum. I know I would not have near the knowledge of birds like the AMGO and the BAOR without her!

She has been blessed with the (paid) opportunity of being published in the mag Birds and Blooms...

Her winged-life pictures are awe inspiring and we have watched it evolve. One of the best winged life photogs I have seen (though my scope is limited!)

She inspired my love for PIPL....Piping Plovers, and their magnificent comeback...

She has taught us what plants are best for hummingbirds....and flutterbies. She has yet to give us her Featherbutt glue recipe, though....And we all have BHL envy (Big Honking Lens)!!!
:twisted:

It's been a pleasure to watch her talent flourish.....And an honour to have to have met her.

Because as well as her talent.....she is an awesome friend too!!!

(I still use the Christmas decorations!)
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby B_BQ » Aug 08, 2012 8:02 pm

Aphids! Yuk! I came across this horror a couple of years ago on my lupins. I had no idea what the strange substance was on the stems. I touched a stem! Yikes! It moved en masse!
Unfortunately I haven't seen any lovely ladybugs this year. Has anyone else noticed that they're in short supply, or is it just in my garden?
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby bluebird » Aug 08, 2012 11:33 pm

Thanks K...goodness! Right back at ya for all your kindness, encouragement and support over the last..gulp...er..dozen? or so years we've been forum pals in one shape of this forum or another. High fives!

I'll order extra fb-glu next time so you can have some too for those cardinals! :lol:
bluebird

Postby Smitty » Aug 09, 2012 4:56 am

K......you nailed it!!!! that's our Carsy. proud to call her my friend!
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Postby kelly_m » Aug 09, 2012 10:27 am

bluebird wrote:Thanks K...goodness! Right back at ya for all your kindness, encouragement and support over the last..gulp...er..dozen? or so years we've been forum pals in one shape of this forum or another. High fives!

I'll order extra fb-glu next time so you can have some too for those cardinals! :lol:

Erg......dozen or so??? Thanks for counting lol!!!

And I really need that fb glue for those cardinals!!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby AdamB » Aug 10, 2012 4:45 am

Wow! Woo-hoo! Those single photos are really worth a pay.

Yeah, Kelly… it’s an honor to meet a humble servant of art (BB), and I’ve been thankful, I’m blessed to be here in your forum thread to meet all of you. BTW, Carol do you also create e-cards from your photos?
AdamB

Postby bluebird » Aug 10, 2012 10:01 am

Thanks Smitty and yes K, will order extra-LAF!

Yes Adam, there certainly have been some good & friendly folks visiting this forum over the years. I've certainly learned a lot from them and it is a pleasure to know them.

No...e-cards are of no interest to me although I've had offers from various online companies. I'm happy working with Birds & Blooms providing photos for their magazine, gardening books and online print store. I also sell my prints, notecard sets and single greeting cards locally in a store that features local artists and at our wonderful farmer's market. Along with that, I support (with my photos) some non-profit organizations for the protection of birds and nature habitat. It's enough for me-lol.
bluebird

Previous

Return to Garden Gallery