Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Hibiscus are Blooming

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Hibiscus are Blooming

Postby Big Smile » Aug 09, 2012 9:42 pm

I have several Hibiscus blooming and one still in bud. I am very pleased with my "Tigridia", they just keep blooming . Its the first year for these exotic flowers.
Some have red centers, some have a speckled center. and one even has 4 petals, rather strange.
Attachments
SpeckleTigridia.jpg
Tigridia with speckled center
4 petal Tigridia.jpg
Tigridia with 4 petals
White Disco Belle.jpg
White Disco Belle grown from seed
Pink Disco Belle.jpg
Pink Disco Belle
MannyHibiscus.jpg
No Name but grown from seed. Got seed from a friend.
KopperKingHibiscus.jpg
Kopper King, this one is dinner plate size
Big Smile

Re: Hibiscus are Blooming

Postby bluebird » Aug 10, 2012 10:22 am

All Jaw droppers Clara! The huge hibiscus really stand out in the garden at this time of year! I think I have that last one, but didn't know the name. It's just about to open so I'll be able to better compare. The leaves look exactly the same.

The little Crimson Cushion divide you gave me is taking root and doing well with several new leaves since planting! Hopefully he'll get some good roots in and make it through winter for some pretty blooms like yours next summer.
bluebird

Re: Hibiscus are Blooming

Postby Big Smile » Aug 10, 2012 12:06 pm

bluebird wrote:All Jaw droppers Clara! The huge hibiscus really stand out in the garden at this time of year! I think I have that last one, but didn't know the name. It's just about to open so I'll be able to better compare. The leaves look exactly the same. [color=#4000BF] The "Kopper King" with dark foliage is my largest Hibiscus. The second last pic is the one in the Bog Garden. I believe I sent you a pic of last years bloom but this is the first bloom this summer. There are so many buds, its getting better every year. I like this plant with the different foliage and 2-tone flowers with petals that curl back.

The little Crimson Cushion divide you gave me is taking root and doing well with several new leaves since planting! Hopefully he'll get some good roots in and make it through winter for some pretty blooms like yours next summer. [/color]

Those Crimson Cushion are really tough. I would be surprised if it didn't make it through the winter but in case it dosen't you know where to get more :-)
Big Smile

Return to Garden Gallery