Garden Gallery - Gardening Forums

Testing!

Show off your gardening photographs in our Garden Gallery of beautiful plants, stunning landscapes, garden pictures, and wildlife visitors.

Testing!

Postby B_BQ » Aug 24, 2012 1:40 pm

I'm posting this pic with Donna's instructions! I've been having all sorts of problems with photobucket and have been using email as a sizing method so that I can post pics. Donna has suggested another way.
This is a picture I took this morning. There's no way it shows the incredible growth on this Sweet Autumn Clematis. Underneath that mound of greenery is a 6' obelisk. There are three clematis on it, the Bluebird, Dr. Ruppel and the Sweet Autumn Clematis. I did a double take when I saw the growth on it this year. It has completely taken over, and is covered with hundreds of buds. These open to a pretty little 4-petal white star. There are a few already opened. In another week or so it will turn from a green mound to a white mound. It's early too!
Anyway, here goes.
Well, it seems to work, but I think takes longer than the email method! Perhaps it's just me and the new learning curve!!! lol!
~BBQ
Sweet Autumn Clematis:
Sweet Autumn Clematis 22 Aug 2012.jpg
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Testing!

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Aug 24, 2012 2:51 pm

It looks fine to me, Brenda. And when I click on your picture, I get the much larger one with the better detail.
DonnaZn2SK

Postby AdamB » Aug 26, 2012 10:16 pm

Good one... looks good to me :mrgreen:
AdamB

Postby mebbie » Aug 28, 2012 8:47 am

Hi...Years ago when I was still on my farm, I found a wild tiny white Clematis growing wild everywhere up through the trees, in the woods understory. I took a branch to the local Horticultural show and it won 1st prize. It competed with some of the most beautiful large flowers. Apparently it was a species Clematis rarely seen. I was shocked and amused as I had entered it as a bit of a joke,
A friend gave me what I think was the Sweet Autumn Clematis. It grew rampantly all across a fence. It was lovely and aromatic.
Such memories.
mebbie

Postby hotsummerone » Aug 29, 2012 2:14 am

It grows too fast, you need to trim, or else it will overwrite the other plants to curb the growth of other plants.
hotsummerone

Postby Dumbo » Sep 01, 2012 1:30 am

hotsummerone, what zone are you in?
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Return to Garden Gallery