Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Apple Picking Time

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Apple Picking Time

Postby Dumbo » Sep 02, 2012 11:31 pm

TY!
Who will bake the best pie? Dave or Marc?
Stay tuned... :p
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby Big Smile » Sep 03, 2012 7:16 am

[quote="Dumbo"]Well that sounds easy enough. TY, Big Smile.

No teasing allowed. Or i'll somehow, someway, force you to mail me a blueberry pie for Xmas.
LOL ,the pie would get stale before it gets to Ottawa.
Big Smile

Postby Jersm » Sep 03, 2012 10:39 am

We have an apple tree on the front yard, it acutally made some small apples this year. Next year i will take care of it more and hopefully it will acutally grow some more.

its like a 8foot tall apple tree, quite small its been years.
Jersm

Postby Dumbo » Sep 03, 2012 11:25 am

Big Smile wrote:the pie would get stale before it gets to Ottawa[/color].

Same day fedex. You send in the morning. I eat it in the afternoon. We'll give the bill to Eeyore.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Dumbo

Postby DonnaZn2SK » Sep 03, 2012 11:46 am

Dumbo wrote:Same day fedex. You send in the morning. I eat it in the afternoon. We'll give the bill to Eeyore.

I take it you've given up on sucking up to Lyn? (I think with your, ahem, proclivities, you'd need all the help you can get!!) :lol:
DonnaZn2SK

Postby Dumbo » Sep 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Eeyore is just playing hard to get. She knows she waaaaants some. And I haven't broken out the Old Spice yet.

Right now she is eating out of my hands and putting out her fav pie recipes. Won't be long till she's doing upside down splits on a chrome pole. Any day now...

Meanwhile, back in this reality....
*dumbo squints with his one good eye*
Dumbo

Postby Eeyore » Sep 03, 2012 12:14 pm

How did I get dragged into this? :shock: Oh yeah, I gave up my pie 8) ..... recipe.Actually, I think Dumbo will take whoever will play with him. He doesn't stike me as terribly discerning. :lol: :lol: I also think he just likes pie....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Ron Evers » Sep 03, 2012 1:59 pm

Dumbo wrote:

Same day fedex. You send in the morning. I eat it in the afternoon. We'll give the bill to Eeyore.

Tis OK to courier within the country but gaud help you if a courier brings it across the border, as they tack on huge fees for the recipient.

I ordered a new Camera from Adorama in NYC last month & insisted it be sent by US Postal Service, as I know what the gouging couriers do. The computerized system they use switched it automatically to UPS since they do not ship over $200 by mail, something the order-taker obviously did not know. UPS demanded $152 @ the door for something that would have cost zero $ if mailed. To there credit, Adorama refunded the money to my credit card.
Ron.

The wood is clear between the knots.
Ron Evers

Postby Big Smile » Sep 03, 2012 2:13 pm

Ron Evers wrote:
Dumbo wrote:

Tis OK to courier within the country but gaud help you if a courier brings it across the border, as they tack on huge fees for the recipient.

I ordered a new Camera from Adorama in NYC last month & insisted it be sent by US Postal Service, as I know what the gouging couriers do. The computerized system they use switched it automatically to UPS since they do not ship over $200 by mail, something the order-taker obviously did not know. UPS demanded $152 @ the door for something that would have cost zero $ if mailed. To there credit, Adorama refunded the money to my credit card.

WOW thats brutal. Good to hear you got the credit.

No need to worry about sending a pie via fedex cause it ain't gonna happen. We travel to Ottawa occationally and could drop off at Marcs door IF and When that will ever happen ,, LOL
Big Smile

Postby Big Smile » Sep 03, 2012 2:21 pm

I don't use the oil pastry recipe that Clara uses...mine is made in a food processor using butter and lard.
A food processor for pie pastry?????? forget it !! All you need is a pie plate and ingredients. Its SO easy and the BEST,nice flakey pastry!!
Big Smile

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence