Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Pruning a Mock Orange

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Re: Pruning a Mock Orange

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 07, 2012 10:49 pm

I only know it is a Mock Orange because I bought it and planted it! LOL My cousin is a professional gardner and from a picture I posted on FB she thought it was a Double Mock Orange - it isn't, just had a ton of blossoms! I must start a file with notes because my memory can't be relied on. In June I saw a 2 ft tall weed and thought "what the hell is this?" reached down and yanked it out then had one of those "oh shit!" moments as I realized it was probably my peren. Hibiscus - shoved it back in the ground, watered it and apologized profusely!! I has gorgeous big blooms on it now! LMFAO
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Postby HeelsDown » Sep 10, 2012 9:52 am

Ha! I saw that thread and had to laugh. Totally made me remember how I nearly hacked my mock orange lol!

I'm sure there were other victims in the yard since we've moved in, but I try not to think about that...I do know as we've gone a long and put in new soil, moved plants around/added plants, and so on, I've unearthed a lot of bulbs. Mysterious. Some big, some small...some that never did anything, some I put back, some I didn't. Adventures in gardening lol!

Jenn
HeelsDown

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm

I know! It's amazing what you discover or "uncover" that you've forgotten were there! I try to use the excuse that we moved to S. Central BC from Mid Prov. BC and there are plants here that wouldn't survive where we lived. My garden is so much smaller (used to have 1 acre now less than 1/5th that ;-( !!! ) ah well, make the most of what I have.
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Previous

Return to Plant Talk