Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

What are you reading now?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: What are you reading now?

Postby Dumbo » Sep 12, 2012 11:38 pm

countrychic wrote:He doesn't have a harley, he has a helicopter with his own heli pad...on top of the building he owns. And he doesn't drive, tsk tsk, he has people who drive him.
And when she turns him down to work for him, he buys the company she goes to work for...and fires her boss and gives her the top job!

*head-slap*
Of course!

How can you woman read this stuff? How?

Mental note to self: In order to finally meet Kelly I need to swoop in w/ my helicopter, buy the flower store she works at, yet not bother buying a strip bar pre-loaded with tight.. err, loaded with people. K! It's a good plan. Makes perfect sense. Then I'll promote her to top flower girl and then.. wait it's fall. There will be no flowers. So I will buy a flower store for nothing and have to wait till next spring. K it's a plan. Gotta start somewhere.

Where is the sanity in this story! Tell me!

ok that's it. Dave, close your eyes, I'm going to go and get this book and see if I can make it through 20 pages just to see what you people of the opposite sex read. Then I will have to judge everyone based on this.

Come on... This is a joke, right? No one would swallow that trash.

countrychic wrote:How did you know about the hair pulling?

I always do that. Kind of a thing with me... Want to know what else I do? If so, you will have to buy my book i'm going to write, or... ;)

Eeyore starts the strangest topics.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby bluewillow » Sep 13, 2012 10:06 am

I brought "Fifty Shades" back from England this Spring before it hit the stores here. I gave it away without reading.

However now I am attempting to focus on 'iPad for Dummies' series but never seem to have the time to sit down for a time and absorb contents.

However I did catch up on some books that I had kicking around for a time.

'Edgar Sawtelle', 'Death come to Pemberley', 'The Year in Provence' and 'The History of Love'.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Eeyore » Sep 13, 2012 11:42 am

Edgar Sawtelle is on my list of "to read".

Dumbo - the topic was perfectly harmless until you took it sideways. :twisted:
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby bluewillow » Sep 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Dumbo, I'm still laughing at your comments. Have you considered stand up? :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby kelly_m » Sep 13, 2012 12:38 pm

STOP!!!!!!

I am just at the part where she has movede but hasn't gone for her interview yet!!! I know..still early on but I don't get much time to read these days!

And Sorry, Marc, family owned business...they'll never sell!

Plus....I don't like heights......

And I sell feed when I am not selling flowers. Careful, I know lotsa farmer boys!
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby Dumbo » Sep 13, 2012 1:34 pm

ok so I checked it online at the local library (cuz I won't pay a cent for this trash) and had it reserved for next week. Library calls and says I can pick it up tonight.

But now I am wondering... if a thousand diff women read this book and... hm, how to say this w/o getting banned... pulled out their battery operated boyfriends, should I wear latex gloves before touching and turning the pages? This seems about as nasty as a library lending out playboy issues. I'm getting a slight gross icky feeling here.

kelly_m wrote: I know lotsa farmer boys!

Damn. I've never been dumped for a manure truck driver before.

Soon I'll be able to sit in a circle and discuss a book like a woman does. I think I'm starting to fit in quite well. Dave, Join us.

bluewillow wrote:Dumbo, I'm still laughing at your comments. Have you considered stand up? :lol:

I don't recall saying anything funny. Why are you laughing at me?
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Dumbo

Postby countrychic » Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Dumbo wrote:ok so I checked it online at the local library (cuz I won't pay a cent for this trash) and had it reserved for next week. Library calls and says I can pick it up tonight.

But now I am wondering... if a thousand diff women read this book and... hm, how to say this w/o getting banned... pulled out their battery operated boyfriends, should I wear latex gloves before touching and turning the pages? This seems about as nasty as a library lending out playboy issues. I'm getting a slight gross icky feeling here.

I got mine from the library too, but was brand spanking new (pardon the pun), so I was the first to read it. The waiting line is now in the hundreds, so you're lucky to get it so quickly.
The librarian whispered to me, 'those books are here' and secretly passed them to me, under the table so to speak, lol.
And I wouldn't be concerned about BOB's, they don't leave mess, unlike the real deal. lol

You should be done reading the first book in about 3 days. We'll totally understand if all goes quiet on here for those few days, you won't be able to think of anything/one else.

Be sure to let your wife read it too.
countrychic

Postby Dumbo » Sep 13, 2012 2:44 pm

countrychic wrote:We'll totally understand if all goes quiet on here for those few days, you won't be able to think of anything/one else.

lol, I don't know about that. If I don't see words like, Planck Constant or Heisenberg Uncertainty by page 10, chances are I will be finished with the book within the hour.

countrychic wrote:You should be done reading the first book

1st book? There is more than one?
Dumbo

Postby bluewillow » Sep 13, 2012 2:56 pm

Yep, a couple more so you will have something to look forward to.

As mentioned, I purchased but refrained from reading.

Dumbo, I'm thinking/guessing the librarian might view you in an unusual way. Best to say you are picking it up for your wife.
bluewillow

Postby Eeyore » Sep 13, 2012 3:04 pm

bluewillow wrote:
Dumbo, I'm thinking/guessing the librarian might view you in an unusual way. Best to say you are picking it up for your wife.

:lol: :lol: Good point Sheila!
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence