Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

I wear the doggone pants. Translation: Help me

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: I wear the doggone pants. Translation: Help me

Postby Dumbo » Sep 18, 2012 9:29 pm

Bet that would work!
I'll try it.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Postby maryjanej » Sep 19, 2012 4:59 am

Dumbo wrote:Well I went to the dog park like I said I would. But, women looked at me like I was some kinda perv or something.

Maybe next time I'll bring the dog and see if that changes anything.

So funny Marc lol good one.

I'm glad the cod liver oil is helping, I would probably only give it about 1 1/2 capfuls since it also contains vitamin D. You maybe able to find the salmon oil in pet shops yes they do say this is better.

It should say on your bag of dog food how much to give it a day for it's weight you could add a half can of wet food to it and your oil and maybe she'd like that.

Is it possible that she also gets too many dog snacks a day? Maybe she's too full to eat her meals?

Hope she keeps eating for you.

Mary-Jane

I
maryjanej

Postby Dumbo » Sep 19, 2012 8:40 am

I wasn't really measuring out it's food before. Just gave it what it would eat.

Just started this week to measure it out.

Junk food.... yeah... a boiled bone marrow a day after it's meal. Not sure if that too much. It spends 30 minutes gnawing on that, then I toss it cuz it will attack the cats if they go near it. And before bed one of those dent-a-bones. The kids give it a couple of dog biscuit in the morning or a couple of those bacon strips. So yeah maybe it's getting a lot of junk. Dunno.

Tonight I'll try mixing dry and wet with some oil and see if it eats it (cup of each).

I'm still surprised about this oil trick. Never heard of this before and it actually works.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Dumbo

Postby Big Smile » Sep 19, 2012 9:29 am

sounds like you are having fun with the dog. You are beginning to enjoy it !!
Big Smile

Postby Dumbo » Sep 19, 2012 9:44 am

Big Smile wrote:sounds like you are having fun with the dog.

No

Big Smile wrote:You are beginning to enjoy it !!

No

You are confusing me with Dave and his dog, as documented here:
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/dog_paradox

WARNING - LINK CONTAINS JUVENILE HUMOUR AND LANGUAGE SOME MAY FIND OFFENSIVE! No nudity or derogatroy content however please ignore if you are easily offended by slightly off colour language.
Dumbo

Postby davefrombc » Sep 19, 2012 11:11 am

LOL That just about covers my dog Marc.... except he's still at the stage where he wants to play and chase everything. start the vacuum and he attacks it , tries to get it to play .. great fun if the cat will run. no fun if he just sits there. Bolt does share his food though. There's no food aggression with him. I'm still having trouble getting him to greet strangers properly . He will go up to them and when they present their hand he will often bark and scare He** out of them .. Won't let them pet him, but asks them to play. He does shake a paw , and sit up to say please for treats , and takes them gently though. Once he's met a person a couple of times, or after a few treats , they are great friends to try to jump on .

I do detect a little weakening of your resolve to not like your dog there Marc.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby Heidi S » Sep 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Gee Marc, that is a whole lot of snack food in a day. I think you can cut back on the regular food if she is eating that much extra a day.

My dog enjoys veggies as her main snack - she just finished the carrot ends from my lunch, and happily eats cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, beans, peas and much more - raw or cooked. She also gets dried bison heart or liver slice chunks only once or twice a week, and always a doggie cookie if she has to endure a brushing or bath - both of which she hates with a passion. But she doesn't get many 'treats' on a daily basis, as she has a tendency to put on weight if she does. (as do I, haha!) Our vet enthusiastically endorses her getting raw veggies as treats.

We occasionally buy her dentabones, but she can almost swallow them whole, so it isn't about dental care with her. I break them into pieces to give when we do have them, and then only occasionally. She also goes mental for the 'Temptation' cat treats and will sit with our two cats to get her share if there are any going. She got a hold of the bag last weekend, and made a quick meal of it - despite feeling totally guilty when discovered.

Molly is a mini labradoodle (mixed poodle/labrador) and she has the lab appetite for sure - any time, any where, any type. She can also be a garbage hound when out for walks so I have to be very vigilant that she isn't pickup stuff the kids drop from their lunches etc. She also will clean out the cat food bowls given a moment alone with them!

Molly.jpg

Molly and Charlie.jpg
Molly and her baby, Charlie
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Dumbo » Sep 19, 2012 5:31 pm

WARNING:
This post may contain content that is NSFW. This post may also contain links. A link is reference to data that a reader can directly CHOOSE to follow, or CHOOSE not to follow. The choice is the readers, no one elses. Links may lead to, or contain, external scarey things like viruses, spyware, trojans, and pictures of cartoon dogs that roll in poop and eat their own vomit. This post may also contain references to religion & politics that some people may find offensive. The author of this post takes no responsibility for what an external link may or may not contain, how your brain reacts to it, or if it causes you to get pregnant. Additionally, comments in this post may not be well received by people with issues towards the birds and the bee's. However, therapy does exist for those of you with gender and sex issues. Please seek the help of a qualified medical practitioner, as required. Batteries are not included.

Additionally, MOD's may moderate this post and add comments to my own that are even more ridiculous than this actual warning. Like maybe they may look at an external link and actually say, "hey the coast is clear, no nudity", so you can be safe in your little bubble in case a cartoon dog says the word, "balls" on the internet sensation website theoatmeal.com.

The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of any company. That's because they don't have enough $$$ to afford them. In many instances the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of even the poster because sometimes I just play people to find out how they tick. However, if you like my opinion then these opinions are shareware, send $10.

If after reading this warning you still want to b*tch and nag about what is written below, then kindly take a number, and seek that qualified help mentioned above.

This warning supersedes all previous warnings.

Continue reading at your own risk.....

davefrombc wrote:LOL That just about covers my dog Marc....

;) I think it pretty well covers every dog on earth.

Heidi S wrote:Gee Marc, that is a whole lot of snack food in a day.

Yeah? Dunno. Maybe. Maybe too many bone marrows in a week i'm thinking. But it gives it something to gnaw on. I'll have to look up real bones and see if there is an issue with that. But other than that, I don't find it much for a 55-lb dog.
Dumbo

Postby OGrubber » Sep 20, 2012 1:30 am

Dumbo wrote:WARNING:
This post may contain content that is NSFW. ........If after reading this warning you still want to b*tch and nag about what is written below, then kindly take a number, and seek that qualified help mentioned above.

WTF??? are you cracking up?
Market Gardening - Just another day at the plant.
OGrubber

Postby Dumbo » Sep 20, 2012 9:42 am

WARNING:
This post may contain content that is NSFW. This post may also contain links. A link is reference to data that a reader can directly CHOOSE to follow, or CHOOSE not to follow. The choice is the readers, no one elses. Links may lead to, or contain, external scarey things like viruses, spyware, trojans, and pictures of cartoon dogs that roll in poop and eat their own vomit. This post may also contain references to religion & politics that some people may find offensive. The author of this post takes no responsibility for what an external link may or may not contain, how your brain reacts to it, or if it causes you to get pregnant. Additionally, comments in this post may not be well received by people with issues towards the birds and the bee's. However, therapy does exist for those of you with gender and sex issues. Please seek the help of a qualified medical practitioner, as required. Batteries are not included.

Additionally, MOD's may moderate this post and add comments to my own that are even more ridiculous than this actual warning. Like maybe they may look at an external link and actually say, "hey the coast is clear, no nudity", so you can be safe in your little bubble in case a cartoon dog says the word, "balls" on the internet sensation website, theoatmeal.com.

The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of any company. That's because they don't have enough $$$ to afford them. In many instances the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of even the poster because sometimes I just play people to find out how they tick. However, if you like my opinion then these opinions are shareware, send $10.

If after reading this warning you still want to b*tch and nag about what is written below, then kindly take a number, and seek that qualified help mentioned above.

OGrubber wrote:WTF??? are you cracking up?

Some people are... hm... sensitive. So they need big warnings in case I say something or post a link to cartoons that scare them. So the mods decided big bold warnings were required.
Dumbo

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence