Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Computer problem driving me nuts!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Computer problem driving me nuts!

Postby Eeyore » Sep 19, 2012 9:45 pm

Lately I've been experiencing a strange problem with my computer and I hope someone can help. This problem happens on this site and kijiji, I'm not sure about any other sites but these are the 2 I've noticed it on.

The banner at the top will load and then the rest of the page will not. It does not happen every time but with enough frequency to make it frustrating to use these sites. Anone have any ideas what the problem might be? I am using IE9.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: Computer problem driving me nuts!

Postby davefrombc » Sep 19, 2012 9:49 pm

I haven't run into anything like that before; but have you tried running Malwarebytes to see if a nasty has snuck in and may be messing with your connections?
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Re: Computer problem driving me nuts!

Postby Dumbo » Sep 19, 2012 11:07 pm

WARNING:
This post may contain content that is NSFW. This post may also contain links. A link is reference to data that a reader can directly CHOOSE to follow, or CHOOSE not to follow. The choice is the readers, no one elses. Links may lead to, or contain, external scarey things like viruses, spyware, trojans, and pictures of cartoon dogs that roll in poop and eat their own vomit. This post may also contain references to religion & politics that some people may find offensive. The author of this post takes no responsibility for what an external link may or may not contain, how your brain reacts to it, or if it causes you to get pregnant. Additionally, comments in this post may not be well received by people with issues towards the birds and the bee's. However, therapy does exist for those of you with gender and sex issues. Please seek the help of a qualified medical practitioner, as required. Batteries are not included.

Additionally, MOD's may moderate this post and add comments to my own that are even more ridiculous than this actual warning. Like maybe they may look at an external link and actually say, "hey the coast is clear, no nudity", so you can be safe in your little bubble in case a cartoon dog says the word, "balls" on the internet sensation website, theoatmeal.com.

The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not represent those of any company. That's because they don't have enough $$$ to afford them. In many instances the opinions expressed herein do not necessarily reflect those of even the poster because sometimes I just play people to find out how they tick. However, if you like my opinion then these opinions are shareware, send $10.

If after reading this warning you still want to b*tch and nag about what is written below, then kindly take a number, and seek that qualified help mentioned above.

This warning supersedes all previous warnings.

Continue reading at your own risk.....

Download the free version of this:
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

Fix the setting on it like so:
Le_1.jpg

Le_2.jpg
Le_2.jpg (57.88 KiB) Viewed 500 times

Hit the "run cleaner" button from image 1.

Note, this will delete all saved passwords for sites, cookies and so forth.

Hit the "scan for issues" button from image 2.
then hit the "fix selected issues" button.

(you can chose to save the registry that it will delete, but chances are you wouldn't know what to do with it)

in regards to step 2, If there are super major issues with your computer and you clean the registry, you may have problems after this. But it's rare. If it happens then your computer was hosed to begin with.

Reboot the computer after performing those two things.

Does it continue?

If it continues, then there are more steps to take, but i'll end here. Start with that and go from there.
The internet is a very, very, serious entity created solely for commercial gains.
Canadian Gardening made me a hardcore separatist
Dumbo

Return to Over the Garden Fence