Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

My 6th dose.

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

My 6th dose.

Postby agedgardener2 » Sep 27, 2012 3:38 pm

Hope Marc is ok .I'm on my sixth dose of antibiotics this year.The Dr. says I'm in pretty good shape ...it's just my sinus and chest that are a problem.I tottered out and took a picture of my perennial Hibiscus that is just blooming now and took a few other blossoms.Joy
Attachments
007.JPG
010.JPG
001.JPG
agedgardener2

Re: My 6th dose.

Postby Eeyore » Sep 27, 2012 7:43 pm

Still have blooms Joy! Sweet! I planted a black Iris in the sring and it is set to bloom in a few days. What a nice fall surprise.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby agedgardener2 » Sep 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Lucky you.I've never been able to get them to bloom in the fall.They were sold as repeat bloomers.I thought I was too far north.Here a few more pictures of my late bloomers.Marc will have fun with all the bloomers I've mentioned.Any word on him? Hope he is OK. Joy
Attachments
011.JPG
Asters ans Clara Curtis Mums
012.JPG
More of the same
009.JPG
Catch Fly
agedgardener2

Postby Eeyore » Sep 28, 2012 10:59 pm

That will be the ffirst blooms for that Iris. I'm quite surprised they are bloomong this year. No, I haven't heard from Marc. I will contact him when I get home if he hasn't checked in.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby bluewillow » Sep 29, 2012 1:18 pm

Lovely beauties, Joy. Hoping they will hang around for a time.

Any news Lyn? I do think it's serious.

sheila
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby agedgardener2 » Sep 29, 2012 2:09 pm

For some reason I didn't post the best thing in my garden...my perennial Hibiscus..so here it is.Last year it bloomed in August but it just made it before the predicted frost...which we still haven't had! Joy
Attachments
001.JPG
agedgardener2

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Sep 30, 2012 1:41 pm

It has indeed been a weird year. I have red roses blooming & honeysuckle vines doing the same. Both in past years have usually been finished by mid July. By the same token
yesterday I spent cleaning out some pretty sad looking pots. The sea lavenders are really fantastic as well. Someone mention sinus's & antibiotics. I used to use a corticosteroid nasal spray & have stopped that nonsense. Now use an old home remedy that does the job.....apple cider vinegar. 1 tablespoon per 8 oz. glass of water twice a day...nice clear frontal sinus's all day long. Not effective in clearing the eustachian tubes to drain fluid from the inner ear. For this Iam now using what is called an ear popper. Not a magic wand & will take 7 to 11 wks of use to to get clear of the inner ear fluid. Im oppotomistic for the first time in 4 yrs of sinus trouble & best of all no drugs.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby agedgardener2 » Sep 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Lee, I'm going to try your remedy tomorrow.It sounds great.My nasal passages are so tender I'm not able to use the saline netti pot.Thanks for the tip. Joy
agedgardener2

Postby agedgardener2 » Sep 30, 2012 5:17 pm

Lee I couldn't wait to try you remedy so I tried it with cider vinegar.My sinus is much clearer than it has been for months.One side is still feeling congested but I've only had one dose. It seems like a miracle.Thanks. Joy
agedgardener2

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Sep 30, 2012 9:52 pm

Good for you Joy. I forgot to mention that the apple cider vinegar in 8 oz. of water is not intended as a "sipping drink". Guzzle it all down in one go if you can. If not drink half, take a breath or two then guzzle down the rest. Sometimes the old home remedies are the best. When first contrived people were not distracted by the availability of a drugstore & spent no time on remedies that didn't work or only poorly if at all.
LeeInEdmonton

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence