Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Autumn in Britain

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Autumn in Britain

Postby B_BQ » Oct 13, 2012 10:15 am

We got back home last evening from England. We had a lovely time and enjoyed our stay in the cottage in Warwickshire. Unfortunately we didn't have many sunny days, so I was not able to take many photographs of the stunning landscape.
However, I was reading The Telegraph this morning and came across a link to some amateur photographs taken of Autumn in various parts of the country. I thought they were worth sharing, as they do show how beautiful Britain still is once out of the nasty cities and big town, where there are too many cars spewing diesel fumes and too many people. We much prefer the more gentle and quiet countryside.
~BBQ
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/gardening/ga ... d-red.html
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Re: Autumn in Britain

Postby bluewillow » Oct 13, 2012 2:20 pm

Welcome home Brenda. It just seems you just left for England. Sorry about the weather. I thought we were lucky in April on The Sunshine Coast, Brighton and thereabouts. Now our area is having similar weather to Britian.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Katherine » Oct 13, 2012 6:34 pm

Thanks for posting this BBQ, Im glad you had a nice holiday. I spent a lot of time trying to do a drawing of the bridge in the photo from Lawrenny, Wales. Ha ha. Not so easy to draw, but nice to look at.

Kat
Katherine

Postby CdnChelsea » Oct 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Welcome back, BBQ !!

: )

Love your pictures.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Return to Over the Garden Fence