Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

I want to generate....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

I want to generate....

Postby Eeyore » Oct 25, 2012 9:50 am

8 colum bingo cards for a family reunion. All of the card generators I've looked at on-line produce the standard 5x5. I would want 8x5. Would excel work for random generation?
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Re: I want to generate....

Postby davefrombc » Oct 25, 2012 1:13 pm

I can't help you with a card generator, or Excel.. But there is an "ancient technology" way of creating your cards..... if you are going to print them out.
Take you trusty pencil and a straight edge ( remember those ancient things? )and draw up your grid on a sheet of paper. use your scanner to scan the grid and save to your pc .. Print out the scanned image as many times as necessary.

No scanner ? You can use a digital camera to take a photo of your grid and then print from that .. That trick sometimes takes a few tries to get the photo of the grid just right for focus and size , but you can crop in your favourite photo handling program.
Last edited by davefrombc on Oct 25, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Re: I want to generate....

Postby Eeyore » Oct 25, 2012 2:45 pm

You are hilarious Dave! I'm a draftsperson by trade (used to be a Cartographer but I've been demoted over the years). I still have my Leroy set and pens. 8)

That ancient method will be a last resort because I'll probably have to generate about 100 random cards.....
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Return to Over the Garden Fence