Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Shocked!!!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Shocked!!!

Postby Countryboy » Nov 16, 2012 10:41 am

How 'bout leave religion and politics to Facebook.

Or . . . oh, never mind. U can rant abt politics all u want. I'll be the one who sticks to Facebook.
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 16, 2012 6:19 pm

I'm too tired to rant and rave today...had a busy morning in town (yep, wore my shoes, even!)

Raked a lot of leaves this week...do you know they were nicely composting, with earthworms and everything? There was no chance to rake dry leaves, the nice rustly kind for heaping up and jumping in...the rains have been constant companions.

Baked a lovely loaf of frozen bread dough (from the store) this morning. I'd put it on the counter last night, covered with a tea towel, against a wall. This morning I saw HEIGHT, so whipped the tea towel off, and there was my loaf...expanded way out on one side overlapping the baking dish, straight and perfect on the wall side.

I checked the non-recipe and nowhere did it say stack books against the free sides.

Joy, YES, I found the bulgur risotto a LOT of work...lots of standing, stirring. However, the taste was very well worth it, and I'd do it again.

My little girls are glad you folks liked their picture....and I enjoyed seeing Willow too!

Hugs all...I have a heavy date right now with the new Louise Penny "the Beautiful Mystery" so I won't be back till I'm rested and smiling again.

Hugs ALL.

Liz
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby fernleaf » Nov 19, 2012 11:28 am

Let Marc (Dumbo) come back on CG - from what I have read he keeps things going with his comments and humor.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Postby B_BQ » Nov 19, 2012 12:27 pm

fernleaf wrote:Let Marc (Dumbo) come back on CG - from what I have read he keeps things going with his comments and humor.

Of course Marc COULD come back, if he wanted to. He was never banned, but apparently chose to leave because he was too busy. I would love to know how the 'dog' saga is going, and also whether he got all his peppers dug up what he did with them!

Now that MareE is back can you imagine how busy the mods would be keeping Marc and MareE on the straight and narrow? :lol:

I would love to see Marc back, but it's entirely up to him.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby fernleaf » Nov 19, 2012 12:55 pm

B_BQ wrote:[Now that MareE is back can you imagine how busy the mods would be keeping Marc and MareE on the straight and narrow? :lol: ~BBQ

Maybe the mods should just let the two of them have free reign and close a blind eye. We'd be in for a WILD RIDE. :twisted:
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Postby davefrombc » Nov 19, 2012 12:58 pm

Careful.... We don't want to encourage him too much .. We do have some members with easily knotted knickers.
Yes, it would be nice to know how well the dog has him trained now. Hopefully he'll return by the time the new seed catalogues are out and everyone is planning their 2013 garden... and starting seeds indoors.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby kelly_m » Nov 20, 2012 1:48 pm

davefrombc wrote:Yes, it would be nice to know how well the dog has him trained now.

Don't you mean how well the dog has HIM trained????? :twisted:
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Postby davefrombc » Nov 20, 2012 2:39 pm

Kelly Kelly Kelly ... put your glasses on :lol:
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby kelly_m » Nov 20, 2012 3:21 pm

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

:roll: I blame it on the lack of sleep......
Kelly
Zone 5a/b

OLD GARDENERS NEVER DIE. THEY JUST SPADE AWAY
kelly_m

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence