Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Amazed!!

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Amazed!!

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 16, 2012 7:09 pm

I'm not shocked ...I'm amazed at the way so many members have stepped up to the plate and got the forum going again...a wonderful change. Joy
agedgardener2

Re: Amazed!!

Postby Heidi S » Nov 18, 2012 1:55 am

I think a number of us/them have been lurking rather than posting - reading and moving on.... But the call to arms has worked - we are back to chat for the winter months!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 18, 2012 4:31 pm

Thank you Heidi, After my first negative post and all the replies I was disappointed that there were no replies to my positive post. Thanks again.....I'll try to keep posting.I wonder if I am the "Elder" on this forum.Lee may be older.I'm 83 and will be 84 in March.Lets hear from the Elders or seniors....whatever!!Joy.
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 18, 2012 10:44 pm

Heya Joy...and Heidi!

I am So Old that if I go grocery shopping folks try to help me, demand to know if I need help getting my grub out to the car.

I come home feeling absolutely decrepit.

My doctor says I have a very young mind (does she mean childish?) in a very very old body. And she has seen me bare nekkid, so she oughta know,eh?

Most days I feel every single one of my going on 72 years. But in my head, in my DESIRES (steady, folks, I don't mean THAT) I am barely 40.

I live with an Old Grouch tho.

And HE's the sfriendly NICE ociable one...go figure!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 19, 2012 1:42 am

Liz....you are still a young thing!I haven't seen you in the altogether but your mind is what counts.After my Dr goes over all my health problems and writes a few more prescriptions he tells me I'm in good shape.Do you suppose he means my mind...everything else has slowed down or doesn't work.Thank dog for my puffer!
I live with a senile old Siamese.That's why I'm up at this hour.He forgot that he ate a couple of hours ago.He wanted to go out too and I had to remind him of the big old Raccoon that was on the porch .He is now sleeping on the couch beside me.Joy
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Ha ha...went out to feed the birds...the winds are mighty.

I didn't block the doorway and Hamish shot out, flew down the steps and was in the garden. A mighty blast of wind turned his short skirts over hie head exposing his underneaths, just as a rain squall soaked him.

He was back on the porch and under a lawn chair just like that...and when I opened the door for him, he was in the kitchen yelling at me to get in there.

And he thinks I go outside for a Good Time, does he?

The sun is shining brightly right now (the sun we weren't supposed to see for 14 days) and more sun to come! Also, on the 27th, we are supposed to get SNOW.

And to thnk I actually believe it will happen!

Back to bed for me, bad day and night last night.

Take care!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Return to Over the Garden Fence