Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Share a warm, big smile :D

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Share a warm, big smile :D

Postby CindyHelens » Nov 19, 2012 10:47 pm

Thought a newbie like me should say Hi before jumping to any threads.
I live in Brisbane, QLD. I find a lot of pleasure in gardening and camping.

If you see a girl dancing in the rain, singing at the top of her lungs with a big smile on her face, that’s me. :lol:

Have a good day all.

Cindy :D
CindyHelens

Re: Share a warm, big smile :D

Postby B_BQ » Nov 19, 2012 10:57 pm

Hi CindyHelens:
Welcome. I'm not much of a camper, (I don't like bugs), but I would surely join you singing and dancing in the rain. I love rain and wind.
~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby davefrombc » Nov 19, 2012 11:05 pm

Welcome to the forum Cindy. You'd get a lot of dancing and singing in here. We're not nicknamed the "Wet Coast" for no reason . We're going to have to rely on you to post summery garden pix for a while. While you can go dig in the garden , most of us would have to dig for a foot or just to see the garden soil for the next few months.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Nov 19, 2012 11:52 pm

Welcome to this forum Cindy:

You will find the people here kind & thoughtful as well as being good gardners. They are also great photographers whose pics often take you breath away.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby CindyHelens » Nov 20, 2012 5:36 am

BBQ, that’s just what I need to help me stay in tune while singing my lungs out. My favourite to do's for keeping the bugs out while camping. :lol:

I am not good with cameras but will still post photos to keep you all warm for the upcoming chillin’ months up there.

I can’t wait to see those pictures.

Warm hugs and thanks to you all who have so warmly welcomed me.

~Cindy
CindyHelens

Postby fernleaf » Nov 20, 2012 9:47 am

A BIG WARM WELCOME TO YOU CINDY!. Always great to have newbies on CG --- and an Aussie yet! I find it really exciting when Australians come on a site, don't know why maybe it is because Australia is such a strange land quite different to ours that I love to hear about it and see pictures. I especially love the fact that when we have our winters here you folks are just in spring and summer. Hope you enjoy being on CG.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Postby Lulu » Nov 20, 2012 10:00 am

Welcome to CG, Cindy,,,hoping to see you posting lots of pictures soon!
Lulu

Postby CdnChelsea » Nov 20, 2012 11:19 am

Hello and nice to meet you. : )

Have you been gardening for a long time or are you a newbie?

I have been putzing around the garden for over 20 years and I'm still learning. Especially from this gardening site. There is a wealth of information here....gardening or otherwise.

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby CindyHelens » Nov 22, 2012 4:07 am

I’m starting to feel at home. Thanks for the warm welcome ladies. (I hope I got it all right.) I am a newbie in gardening,.. doing it in less than a year. :oops: Really, I'm getting embarrassed, not have much to say about gardening and admit to myself that I need to learn a lot about it... Slightly becoming more humid and warm around here. It’s a great time to go to the beach. :lol: Yes, will show you some photos of my garden.
CindyHelens

Postby davefrombc » Nov 22, 2012 5:18 am

Poooooooooor Lee and me. No thanks for the welcomes :cry:
We were all newbies at one time , and no matter how long in any hobby or pastime there are always new things to learn about it; so don't be embarrassed because you may have more questions than answers at the moment. We accept gardening pictures, pictures of the sights of your area, and of course, some beach pictures. I just know there are some interesting things on Australian beaches and in the waters there . :shock: :mrgreen: :twisted:
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Return to Over the Garden Fence