Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Hey Dave/Photobucket Woes

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Hey Dave/Photobucket Woes

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Nov 21, 2012 2:25 pm

Lightning struck. Photobucket's new format has now been applied to my Photo storage. No tutorial on how to deal with their bright ideas. My Albums which had 85 photos now has 0 & instead there is now a new category called "Library" & that is where my photos now reside.What's with that ? You know I'm pretty good at transforming perfectly good wood into sawdust but I have 5 thumbs when it comes to computers. Can you shed any light on their new program ? If not do you know of an alternative free photo hosting that is not constantly dicking around the way Photobucket has been doing for the past year ?

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Re: Hey Dave/Photobucket Woes

Postby orchidguy » Nov 21, 2012 3:18 pm

Lee,
All my albums are there intact and have not went to library as yet.
If you want to continue with the old format, do not click on the "Your all New Photobucket is Waiting for You...try it now" button.
If you have this site saved and are entering through that, maybe typing in www.photobucket.com will bring you back to the original sign-in page, with albums instead of library
orchidguy

Postby davefrombc » Nov 21, 2012 5:38 pm

If your new format Photobucket home page looks like mine, you'll see a ribbon ,top left, directly below your user name. There is a right arrow above the "Show Albums and Stories" click that and your list of albums will show there. I'm including a snap of my "new" Photobucket homepage.. you can see the script to the left of the first picture at the top.
There are other online photo storage sites , but all change their layout from time to time; I use Photobucket as my main one , with some on a filled up free Flickr account, as well as some on the free SkyDrive from Microsoft .
Photbucket is still the easiest for me to use. Just takes a little cussing and fiddling to get used to the new layout.
Clipboard01.jpg
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Nov 21, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Dave: I think they are still in a "work in process" mode. When I called up Photobucket this time directly under my name was a place to click on that says to switch back to the original photobucket so clicked on it. Up came a page where they quiried why I wanted to switch back & gave about 4 choices. I picked the one that simply said I was not comfortable with the new one & clicked on the switch back tab.
Bingo Iam back to the original system which I know how to use & has always worked fine for me. I do thank you for your help & old guys like me usually always need help.LOL

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Return to Over the Garden Fence