Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Black Friday

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Black Friday

Postby bluewillow » Nov 23, 2012 11:52 am

This year Black Friday has certainly taken off. I discovered the item I was after (door crasher) was featured online and would be delivered to the door. Boxing Day will never be quite the same.

I have never been a Boxing Day person for shopping. Online is really the greatest and without the crowds.
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Re: Black Friday

Postby davefrombc » Nov 23, 2012 12:02 pm

For too many Black Friday is followed by Broke Saturday.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby bluewillow » Nov 23, 2012 12:11 pm

So very true, Dave! :lol:
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 23, 2012 1:59 pm

The only thing I ordered they didn't have in my size or if they did they wouldn't ship to Canada without charging shipping costing far more than the value of the shearling gloves.I've been shopping on line this year because I'm just not up to walking around the stores.I really like to shop locally.The Canadian stores don't seem to have huge dicounts. Joy
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 23, 2012 10:34 pm

I just have five pets and Jim to shop for, thank you Dog. The rest are done, and dusted.

(Please make those 100 Christmas tree cookies turn out RIGHT.)

I can focus on decorating, for my own amusement and to make my espouso smile too!

When I was a little child, it was still World War Two time in Ottawa, and the biggest excitement was to go to a huge department store in Ottawa and see Santa in Toyland. Toyland was so magickal...bright tiny lights everywhere....huge line ups of little Believers waiting so patiently..the lines stretched out across the store floor. Santa keeping an eye out for a Mom or Dad waiting to know whether to say "I'm sure Santa will find that for you!" or "Santa will have to see what he has, but YOU will get something Very Special" and most times I did!

This year, I don't want anything...except to play, use my very fertile imagination...but please Santa Claus, it is awfully hard to have to pretend SNOW.

Send Snow. I have been a VERY good girl this year.

Liz
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Heidi S » Nov 24, 2012 3:44 pm

Lizzy! If Santa can't help you, I can!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby davefrombc » Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Deliver it only on her driveway please Heidi . I don't need any here .
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Liz if you like snow you should live in New Brunswick the snowiest province.You could come and visit or I'll send you pictures of each and every storm.Here are a few from the past few years just to try to keep you happy.Prince George is a rather rainy place.I think I was there with my parents away back when....like 70 or more years ago!! Joy
Attachments
frosty back yard.jpg
BBQ anyone.jpg
april 1 storm 007.JPG
Ice Storm 003.jpg
agedgardener2

Postby Lizcordysmum » Nov 24, 2012 9:49 pm

Now THAT'S what I want! Thank you, Joy!

But the driveway isn't big enough to play in, so HEIDI please dump it in the back garden. Jim will heap it up so I can go sliding...and the dogs and I can make an igloo...and maybe a snow fort and I can throw soft snowballs at the little kids next door....and If I'm the only one to get the snow, well they can come over and play when they like.

Lily had an excitement this afternoon...I am so displeased with the sweater I was knitting her (far too big) that we took her and went to a new huge pet emporium here to buy her a bright red sweater. When we walked in, the first thing she saw was a large cage with two young FERRETS in it...oh how she wanted to play with them...they HAD to be kitties! They were young and the last thing they needed was a Lily in their lives, so we used other routes to get to the swaaters.

We got Hamish a green fuzzy shape filled with Cosmic Catnip...Lily adores the tiny cat toys....Hamish enjoyed it, and I fed Lily her dinner...left the room and came back to find the toy in the water dish, soaked...and Lily pretending she hadn't done it. That shape is now drying too high up for her to reach, so she is sitting staring at it. (Hamish went to sleep in his bed.)
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Nov 25, 2012 1:46 pm

Willow isn't much for toys but he does love to play fetch.He deposits his fetch toy in his dish for safe keeping.When He wants to play he brings it to me.....mind this was in his younger days.Now he just wants to be on my lap or near me sleeping.Note how I inadvertently used a capital H.....what does that tell you about his position in my household? A subliminal slip of the finger? Joy
agedgardener2

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence