Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Did Craigers ever come back to CG Forums?

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Did Craigers ever come back to CG Forums?

Postby fernleaf » Nov 29, 2012 1:24 pm

Just looking at some former members names and Craigers name jumped out at me. Did he ever post again after he gave up his bed and breakfast in Southern Ontario to move out West? Just remembering his posts about his dog, Apollo. It is a shame that people just drop out and don't return to CG. Guess people develop different interests.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Re: Did Craigers ever come back to CG Forums?

Postby orchidguy » Nov 29, 2012 2:44 pm

Wow, is there an elephant in this room or what....lol

fern,
members come and go for entirely different reasons. Some have complained about snide, back and underhanded comments.
Cliquish behaviours, where they felt they didn't belong. The passage from the intro to OTGF, claims "we are a friendly bunch", is sometimes not true I guess in some peoples eyes
Nasty PM's or emails from other members.
Not enough response to their posts.
Or just not the forum for them.
I guess to find an answer, you would have to ask them.

I will tell you though, (IMO) that the handful of regulars on here, make it worthwhile to me. We have shared happiness, sadness, death, birth, disease, trials and tribulations. We have consoled and congratulated, cried and laughed with each other, and as far as I'm concerned, is still, my go-to forum, even though I belong to many. Are some opinionated? Sure they are, and I expect no less. I still believe the warmness of few, can melt the coldness of many

The mods (who should receive a medal sometimes) have regulated this forum to the best of their ability, and have tried to keep the peace, even though at times they couldn't, but again IMO only, have done a great job on the whole for keeping this "family", as dysfunctional as it may be, together, and kudos to that. Were there some decisions, I didn't agree with? Yep, but again as a whole, agree'd with most.

Some members are cyclic, others permanent fixtures, and both is fine with me. What was....was. What is.....is. What is going to be.....is going to be, this is life, and when I think of this forum....I smile
orchidguy

Postby fernleaf » Nov 29, 2012 3:26 pm

Dan, you phrase yourself very well.

I wasn't meaning that Craigers left for any of the reasons such as nasty PM's or sniping, etc. I was just curious as to if anyone ever heard back as to how he was doing. I myself was unable to log in to this forum for the longest while (as were many others) after there was an update and may have missed seeing posts from certain individuals. Just curious as to what had gone on during the interval I wasn't able to read posts, thinking perhaps someone may have knowledge about individuals whose posts I used to follow as they interested me.

I am certain that the moderators have a difficult time and I agree they do a great job.
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Postby orchidguy » Nov 29, 2012 3:43 pm

fernleaf wrote: I was just curious as to if anyone ever heard back as to how he was doing.

Lol.....I wonder about a lot of the forums posters, that are MIA too, and would also like to know what has happened to them. You reminded me though of one of the biggest reasons (brain does not always function at high capacity anymore) a lot has left was because of the "problems" with the site itself. I believe we have lost way too many posters here (#posters = knowledge) and is a loss. A forum really is only as good as it's contributing members, and am happy to see you back on as one of them.
orchidguy

Postby Eeyore » Nov 29, 2012 4:24 pm

Craigers has been gone for about 3 or 4 years now. I don't recall if he posted once he arrived out west but I did meet up with him a couple of times. He was ready to get on with his life and I believe he may now be on the west coast. We did not keep in touch. He was committed to his family and his partner and chose to make a clean break I think.
Lyn
AB, Zone 3A
----------------------------------
“Those who say it can't be done are usually interrupted by others doing it.” ` James Arthur Baldwin"
Eeyore

Postby Lulu » Nov 29, 2012 5:30 pm

Well said, Dan! You have put a voice to the feelings of many, and for that, I thank you!

I believe that for many, the forum is also our "go to" place, a place of lightheartedness and respite. When it is not, it is best to take a break.
Lulu

Postby Smitty » Dec 01, 2012 11:43 am

Lulu wrote:Well said, Dan! You have put a voice to the feelings of many, and for that, I thank you!

I believe that for many, the forum is also our "go to" place, a place of lightheartedness and respite. When it is not, it is best to take a break.

couldn't have said it any better Linda
""Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass. It’s about learning to dance in the rain."
Smitty BBS :-)
Smitty

Return to Over the Garden Fence