Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Nude Santa

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Nude Santa

Postby otnorot » Dec 01, 2012 5:17 pm

Adults only

NUDE SANTA -----

Scroll down to see the nude Santa

For crying out loud. Act your age. There is no Santa !

Sometimes I just can't believe you!!! :-)
otnorot

Re: Nude Santa

Postby Heidi S » Dec 01, 2012 6:16 pm

Yeah..... Right!

Another funny about Santa: I work at Home Depot in the seasonal department which currently houses the Christmas items for sale. We have a 'life size' blow-up Santa on a wingback chair on display - you know, the ones with the fan in the base. Today two boys, aged at least 10+ years, decided to try and sit on his lap - and hit the ground in short order - Momma shouted at them for being idiots, and then had them apologize to me for wrecking the display. Of course, all I did was turn Santa and his chair upright again, but it was too funny to see! Nice to see Momma was actually paying some attention to what her kids were doing too - that doesn't frequently happen in my experience....
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 01, 2012 8:14 pm

We often see pre-school aged kids roaming in large stores with no sign of parent/s anywhere. However it can be rather humorous at times. One day in Superstore while doing a little shopping we encountered a boy about 4 yrs old stuffing himself with candy. Myrt says to him "where is your mother" ? He points to an aisle about 3 aisles over & Myrt says to him "go to your mother". Off he ran. A short time later he is back
& he has brought a younger sister with him & they are both into the candy bin having a wonderful time. Couldn't help laughing.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I really think it is too bad that it is necessary for children to be so closely supervised now.It is so rare to see an unaccompanied child in our neighborhood.I remember the adventures I had riding my bike all over Regina when I was a kid.My Daughter tells me now how she and her friends would visit her grandfather at his office ...he always had a box of chocolate bars in his desk drawer.He used to give them each a dime to get an ice cream...he didn't know ice cream cost 25cents and they were too polite to tell him.Now the children don't even walk home from school; alone .
There were men who offered us candy to get in their cars and we regularly had a sexual deviant who exposed himself in the park but we were warned about them and knew what to do.It didn't make the front page of the paper then if a man was seen taking pictures of children near a school.We had a college professor who took pictures of our children and sent us prints.We didn't know him but the kids told him who we were.Today that man would be under police surveillance at the least.We all watched out for each others children.Enough of my rant !! Joy

agedgardener2

Postby otnorot » Dec 02, 2012 6:26 pm

Agedgardener When I was 8 and 9 every Saturday morning my Mum would give me 3 cents and I would get on a Bloor Street car going west and ride to the west end of Toronto then transfer to a Southbound King car which made a u shaped trip but the east part of the u was in east Toronto and when it got to Bloor (Danforth) I would ask the operator for a transfer and then get on a eastbound streetcar to Main St and go home That took about 2- 1/2 hours.At first the operators gave me a blast about getting a transfer when I paid not when I leave but after a few weeks and getting the same operators all the time they got to know me and always had a transfer ready when they saw me coming and I did that for two years and not once did I every get approached by anyone.I would hate to try that now.
By the way 15 years later I wound up driving those street cars and their buses for 39 years.
Bill
otnorot

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 04, 2012 8:58 pm

From the age of 5, and kindergarten, I could not resist walking down every interesting street I could find.

I regularly got very lost.

Fortunately, the milkman knew where I came from, and he would eventually bring me to my home...he delivered milk at noon.

As I grew older, I believe I walked on every street in then-Ottawa.

Mama never knew.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Lulu » Dec 04, 2012 11:31 pm

The family down the road from us had a lot of kids, spaced out by about 3 years each, so, the 4 kids we played with, had at least 6 teenage brothers & sisters. The brothers drove stock cars in their back field. But, they also had jobs during the day, so, were gone, all summer!

So,,,,all of us 8 & 10 year olds, drove the stock cars, for a good part of every day, while the big brothers were at work. I often wonder if they figured out where all their gas had gone! We were smart enough to quit at least an hour before anyone got home, so the motor had time to cool down. All the parents were at work too, so,,there was no one aware what we were doing. We also pooled our money, bought packages of cigarettes for .33c, and smoked them all, in a few hours.

Oh,,and, when we were not racing stock cars, we all hitch-hiked to the beach, about 5 miles away!

I was probably in my 30's before my mother found out, quite by accident, from one of those neighbor kids. I thought she was going to have a heart attack!
Lulu

Postby LeeInEdmonton » Dec 04, 2012 11:58 pm

Unless your parents were also smokers at the time otherwise they would have twigged to your smoking right off the bat cause they would have immediately smelled the tobacco scent on you. Sounds like you had fun just as kids should.

Lee
LeeInEdmonton

Postby Lulu » Dec 05, 2012 9:20 am

This thread is now seriously convoluted.

Lee, my dad smoked roll yr owns, my mother didn't smoke at all. Neither of them ever said we smelled smoke. I could be wrong, but, back then, I don't think cigarette smoke smelled as strong, or clung to you, and everything around you, like it does now! And, my mother was seriously shocked when she heard this, many years later.

But, yes, we did have fun!
Lulu

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 05, 2012 2:14 pm

Reading over our exploits, the young moms today must be having heart failure!

My own kids got a lot of freedom too...not as much as I did, but enough. When we get together now, they sometimes talk and laugh about what they used to get up to, stuff I hadn't known...and my blood runs cold.

Amonst many other horrors, they paid MY BABY (4 yrs old) to eat live worms. She did. She still says they were good.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence