Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Huh (?) .....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Huh (?) .....

Postby Lulu » Dec 06, 2012 11:43 pm

I'd be really happy to get those 72 cookies off the greyhound, and wouldn't mind one bit, that the gold & yellow melted! And,,best of all,,they were baked & decorated, "with love"!

Lucky daughter & kids!
Lulu

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 07, 2012 2:45 pm

And the icing DID dry...I can pack them and ship them today. And I don't have to use 72 individual little boxes, either!

Hamish spent the night in the laundry room downstairs, and had plenty to say about this. Fortunately he did not have access to a telephone so the SPCA were not involved.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Laura » Dec 07, 2012 8:59 pm

Liz ... your forest looks absolutely yummy !!

Laura

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 09, 2012 8:34 pm

Thank you, Laura.

The curse of being a faraway Grandma...Greyhound has not brought thnose cookies to Wms Lake YET. My daughter will feel wretched for me, and I am feeling wretched for her/them.

I guess it will be cards, cheques, and prayers, from now on. Prayers they make it safely thru the P.O.

A few years ago, D2 sent gifts fy a courier...and they got "lost." Entirely.'

And I have "stuff" to ship to two other daughters, as well.

Lackaday me!
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Laura » Dec 10, 2012 7:23 am

I think a lot of the time we parents just want to "do" something for our child.The gift is to try to show them that we love them ... what the gift is is not really what matters ( I guess to some it is ).Since I don't see my two as much as I would like I try to do/give them something that they will remember .... a few years ago I gave my grown boy a stuffed Fozzy bear he had when he was little ... he carried it everywhere ... the look on his face,the memory,was the gift.We had a great laugh and of course he had to explain the gift to his own kids.

I know what you mean about mailing things,especially precious things.I don't worry about sending letters and cards but anything else is worrisome.I am glad I don't have to ship stuff,Brian does a lot of that and it's for the birds,so many regulations and rules and the cost !!

I am baking for the grandkids but will not have to ship to them will deliver face to face .... thank goodness.
Laura

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 10, 2012 3:53 pm

Laura,

(((( ))))
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 11, 2012 12:59 am

The GOOD NEWS is, the parcel arrived late today.

The not-so-good news is, they have now been four+ days without refrigeration...egg white meringue icing, altho done over simmering water....

I worried about a possible Thief's children! Thee is NO Thief!

And I have warned D3, and she will use her own very good judgement.

I HAD to use green frosting, didn't I?

Anyway, we all did our bestest, and who could ask for more? I did use bus as fastest means of travel, but now I have learned a lesson

today wrapped and parcelled up remaining gifts for daughters 1,2, 3. and am entrusting these to Canada Post.
Cordy's Mum, Liz

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence