Feedback - Gardening Forums

Why??

We want to hear from you. Share your feedback and tell us what’s on your mind.

Re: Why??

Postby davefrombc » Dec 14, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm afraid our administrators don't do a whole lot of administrating. When you look at the list of "administrators", and then see how many of them post in the forum or offer any feedback to people who make entries in the "Feedback" section, it does make one shake their head. If their position is a paid one , I suggest unemployment for them. Leaving all the work to the moderators ( moderator now) is unacceptable anywhere except with CG, I guess.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 14, 2012 7:11 pm

How does one become a moderator?

Could I apply?

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby orchidguy » Dec 14, 2012 7:30 pm

I agree whole heartedly with Dave, and too believe that a lot is put on a moderators shoulders.
CdnChelsea ....good luck
orchidguy

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 14, 2012 8:20 pm

All I want to do is try and help out to make this site a better place to be.

I understand it would be a bit of work, but I am willing and have some time to do it.

CdnChelsea

Postby Laura » Dec 14, 2012 8:28 pm

CC ... pm Kelly ... she will know the ins and outs.

I wouldn't mind helping either .... I am not very tech smart so I might be more of a hinder ... lol.
Laura

Postby davefrombc » Dec 14, 2012 9:17 pm

There's more to moderating than just spam removal. I too would help out with spam removal, but whether I would want to put up with some of the complaints and grumblings of the more conservative ( I prefer to say " tight knickered" ) that occasionally get upset by what they consider inappropriate content . I am one that if a posting passes the PG13 classification , it's ok; but go beyond that or getting into a "flaming " match with another member and I would then step in . I know there are some members who would not agree with me following those standards. If you have a thick skin , moderate in a forum if asked , but otherwise be forewarned that there are those that would make your job less than pleasant at times. You won't get a lot of thanks , but you will get more than enough complaints at times.
What gets me , is if you go into the list of moderators and administrators , you see a long list of administrators who appear to be doing nothing and leaving it all to the moderators. Administrators have far more power to edit and control the forum than those granted to the moderators who have very limited control over what can and can't be done in and to the forum.
BC Fraser Valley zone 7/8
davefrombc

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 14, 2012 10:49 pm

I would still like to try being a moderator.

It wouldn't be much different than my regular job since I deal with a variety of people every day. Not everyone I meet is in a good frame of mind.

CdnChelsea

Postby Laura » Dec 15, 2012 8:55 am

Having worked in customer service for a long time I understand that people can get steamed up about things ... lol.Each person is intitled to their opinion,even if it is wrong or goes against the grain.Some like to argue and others just like to steam-roll over everyone to get their way.Life is like that.I have a relative who likes to stir the pot and get a fight going,will say anything and everything to get the, as Dave says "knicker knotted " people in a huff.

Here on the forum we have had spats but for the most part it has been a great forum.Could it be working better ... certainly,but we must work with what we have.
Laura

Previous

Return to Feedback