Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Hey strangers! a little update:

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Hey strangers! a little update:

Postby Heidi S » Dec 19, 2012 12:37 am

I just wanted to say Hi, and let you know that I have been away from the boards for awhile again; family issues, work and winter have taken over.

We have a busy couple of weeks coming up - driving to the Coast on Saturday to do Christmas, a wedding and visit with our frail parents. Our son is flying down on the 24th and back on the 28th because he has to work except for those 4 days. It will be a whirlwind week, that is for sure.

My hubby's Mom is now in palliative status, and we think she may only have weeks left. Everyone is struggling with that news, and trying to get ready for the next steps.

Meanwhile my Dad's oxygen needs keep increasing and he has declining ability to do much other than sit in his recliner chair. My brother's wedding on the 27th will be quite a difficult day for Dad, as we will have to find a way to keep his liquid oxygen tanks refilled for a longer time than usual. I suspect he will not be able to stay for the entire event. My bother and his partner are kind of winging the whole thing - it will be casual, potluck food and the only formal aspect is the ceremony, I guess. We will see when we get there!

We are trying to be flexible and available to our parents and siblings, being the oldest kids in both our families, and holding our emotions in check.

I check in to read posts periodically, but time is just zooming by with so many things to pay attention to. I was just thinking about the after New Years Soup and realized that I have only a few photos from my 2012 garden, since my season was royally interrupted - oh well, I will just have to view everyone else's and be jealous!

I wish you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2013! I really appreciate the opportunity to converse with you all, and look forward getting back to it when the stresses of my life settle down....
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Re: Hey strangers! a little update:

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 19, 2012 1:18 am

From reading your post, I agree....you are right in saying you have been busy.

It was nice of you to drop by to let us know how you have been doing.

Have yourself a wonderful holiday season and all the best throughout the new year.

christmas-cats.gif
christmas-cats.gif (124.57 KiB) Viewed 2591 times

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby Lulu » Dec 19, 2012 10:03 am

Heidi, have the best Christmas possible, and enjoy the time, as much as you can, that you have with your ailing parents.
Lulu

Postby B_BQ » Dec 19, 2012 11:13 am

Hi Heidi:

Ditto the previous posts - with bells on.

Merry Christmas!

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Laura » Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm

Nice to hear from you Heidi ... my prayers are with you and your family.
Laura

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 19, 2012 6:10 pm

Oh Heidi...big gentle hugs to you.

And congratulations to the happy couple too!

Be safe.

And I am wishing you a Happy Christmas...a happy one because so many of you will be together, and doing the very best you can do.

You'll be on my mind, and in my thoughts.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Return to Over the Garden Fence