Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Turkey Question ???

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Turkey Question ???

Postby Laura » Dec 19, 2012 2:48 pm

In our family we make dressing .... with bread,potato,onion,and summer savory.Always baked in it's own dish with a bit of turkey drippings sprinkled on top and never inside the bird.

My in-laws make stuffing bread,sage,and a few others things I don't know what they are because I was never brave enough to try it.I didn't feel too bad about not trying it because Brian never eats it ... lol.Always cooked inside the turkey .... yuck.

I always had a utility turkey until a few years ago when I started getting a fresh bird.I really just get them because I don't have to thaw it and it saves a bit of time.I just plop it in the roasting pan,inside I put a whole onion peeled and a couple gloves of garlic,sprinkle it with salt, pepper and summer savory and roast.It helps to have a roaster with a tight fitting lid,I don't baste it just leave it alone.
Laura

Previous

Return to Over the Garden Fence