Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Tink

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Tink

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 20, 2012 9:31 am

Our poor little rescued kitty "MayDay-Tink" is going in for surgery today to extract a tooth. He is such a gentle soul and I worry for him. :cry:

Hopefully, he comes through the surgery with flying colours and returns home to be his bright, cheerful self.

Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. Life without him would not be the same.

IMG_0247.JPG

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Re: Tink

Postby Lulu » Dec 20, 2012 10:24 am

Good luck to Tink, today, CC! He looks like my cat!
Lulu

Postby Laura » Dec 20, 2012 10:40 am

Good luck with your furry friend today ... had a pet have surgery last december so know how you feel .... (( hugs ))
Laura

Postby fernleaf » Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm

CdnChelsea wrote:
Please keep him in your prayers and thoughts. Life without him would not be the same.

I will definitely be saying a little prayer for him. He is a beauty isn't he. He should do fine. He will have the will to sail through this surgery as he obviously has a loving home with a caring "mom" that he wants to return to -- all the pampering, goodies and love who wouldn't want to come back to that?
"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me: I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." Albert Camus
fernleaf

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 20, 2012 1:19 pm

Tink and our Braveheart could be twins...

And Braveheart had to have ALL but one tooth extracted a few years ago, and came home ready to chow down on his dry kibble, the only thing he would eat regularly (much to my surprise.)

I will be hoping for Tink to be doing the very same thing, and back to being the kitty you love so very much.

Good Luck, Tink!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby B_BQ » Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm

Just catching up after an exhausting shopping day in Kingston, then the drive home, then the unpacking and trying to find somewhere to put everything away! sigh

My thoughts and best wishes are being sent to dear Tink. Such a beauty. Hope by now he's come through the dental surgery and is recovering. Poor baby!

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby Heidi S » Dec 20, 2012 7:36 pm

I have his twin sitting here staring at me! My son's dear cat Luc, has very similar markings, including the auburn nose colour. Such a handsome boy!

I am sure with Mom's expert care, he will make out just fine.
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 21, 2012 9:42 am

As it turned out, the vet thinks Tinks' tooth is too badly infected right now to pull. He might even have to have more removed too. There is actually a small tooth between his canines that is loose and ready to fall out. Poor Tink. :cry:

So the vet gave him some antibiotics for the infection and ran some blood tests to see if there is any under-lying reasons why his teeth are so bad. He said there could be a number of diseases he could have. :shock:

Tink was an absolute gentleman when the vet and assistants were going over him. They said he was so sweet and gentle no matter what they did to him and wished all cats were like him. They even gave him a catnip toy to play with when he got home. Oliver our other furbaby decided it was his new toy and went absolutely goofy over it.
Tink was patient and waited his turn to play. Now the toy is lost somewhere under the sofas.

Thank you all for the good thoughts and I will keep you up-dated when he goes back in January.

CdnChelsea

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 21, 2012 1:52 pm

Bestest wishes, Tink.

Mom, find that mousie!
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 21, 2012 7:17 pm

found it....lol...only to lose it again..

CdnChelsea

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence