Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Rita Haywoth-Staying Alive

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Rita Haywoth-Staying Alive

Postby Lulu » Dec 22, 2012 9:57 pm

Cute video I saw on another forum. Very clever! Just don't remember her for dancing, though?
http://www.computerwhizguru.com/El_Gran ... /Rita.html
Lulu

Re: Rita Haywoth-Staying Alive

Postby orchidguy » Dec 23, 2012 2:51 am

Great video Lulu. Was surprised they didn't include any footage from the film Gilda. Love to watch her dance (and Elinor Powell, Vera Ellen and Cyd Charisse...)

Rita Hayworth had been a professional dancer on stage, I believe starting at about age 6, and became quite well known (stage-wise) by the time she hit her early teens, dancing either with her uncle or brother (cant recall right now)

In an obscure interview (I'll see if I can find it again) with Fred Astaire, he did mention once, about her being one of his top 5 dancing partners on screen.
orchidguy

Postby Lulu » Dec 23, 2012 9:44 am

Glad you enjoyed it, Dan!

Not that I am a film buff, but, I just did not remember a lot of dance scenes in her movies, so, it was a very pleasant eye opener!

Wow,,60 people viewed it, and you are the only one to post a comment!
Lulu

Postby B_BQ » Dec 23, 2012 9:54 am

Just popped in and spent the 4+ minutes watching the video. I always liked Rita Hayworth. Sad ending for her though.

There were so many incredibly good dancers from that era. As a young teenager I too loved to dance, and learned tap, gymnastics and a little bit of ballet, which kept me out of too much 'teenage' trouble. I was too busy!

Thanks Lulu for posting it, I enjoyed it.

~BBQ
Zone 5b
South/Central Ontario

Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day
~ Author Unknown
B_BQ

Postby orchidguy » Dec 23, 2012 2:17 pm

Lulu wrote:Wow,,60 people viewed it, and you are the only one to post a comment!

I know. (btw, as of this posting the numbers have reached 88)
It is a little disheartening , to say the least, but don't stop posting these things and your pics, as they are really enjoyable to see
orchidguy

Return to Over the Garden Fence