Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Tink

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Re: Tink

Postby Lulu » Dec 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Not too many pics of out cat Bootsie, he's not into posing.

Can't get a good profile pic of the pups, they're just too quick. The size difference in them is unbelievable!

They sure keep things lively around here!
Attachments
G&G with stuffed dog.JPG
George & Gracie Reindeer!.JPG
Hard day @ the office!.JPG
Halloween Bootsie.JPG
Bootsie was not amused!
Lulu

Postby Laura » Dec 22, 2012 8:47 pm

So nice to see all the fur babies.Love how Bolt thinks he's a lap-dog.My sisters golden retriever used to do that too .... makes me smile to remember Morgan the Man.I am not a cat lover but have really warmed up to them after listening to you all tell your stories and also Sarah and I meet a lot of cats on our walks.

Here's a picture of my furry friend,formally known as Von Schaffer Abby's Mistress Sarah of the Mills,Sarah for everyday.

100B7850pb.jpg

Laura

Postby Lizcordysmum » Dec 22, 2012 9:08 pm

And did you know that Saint Sarah is the patron saint of Gypsies?

(at least that's what it says in the book I am reading.)

What a dignified name she has!

Beautiful George and Lovely Little Gracie...there sure is a size difference...is that their Christmas present?

And, Bootsie...good pose!

I must dash...a far off friend has just emailed to say she is sending me more snow from Ottawa (they apparently think they've had enough) but she is sending it COLLECT ($10,000) and Lily is outside waiting to sign for it.
Cordy's Mum, Liz
Rain Coast, BC Zone 7b/8a

Nae words, nae quarrel
Lizcordysmum

Postby agedgardener2 » Dec 23, 2012 9:00 pm

We have a visitor tonight.Cohen our Maine Coone cat has discovered a nice velvet chair in my living room.Willow looked the situation over long enough for me to get a picture.He has now retreated to the bedroom....he doesn't care for intruders..cats or dogs.He is very territorial .Joy
Attachments
cats 003.JPG
cats 002.JPG
agedgardener2

Postby Heidi S » Dec 23, 2012 10:16 pm

Chelsea,

Luc has always reminded us of a Maine Coon as well, although our vet says he is not - particularly because he is not large enough. He is only about 11 lbs which is very small for a MC cat. He matts very easily so we are always having to clip out belly lumps. His under fur is very downy and it can't get wet or it instantly clumps. He is a regal chap though, with the silliest little baby voice. He has a glorious tail that is usually up in a question mark shape with long feathers hanging on the side.

Charlie is a thug - he brawls with Molly, and pushes Luc around all the time. He is also a demonstrative lover, who stomps onto my chest if I am lying down, and takes over. If he wants to cuddle, you will be cuddling! He is actually a tortie, with the faintest of black markings that only show in sunlight. He was an SPCA rescue, and his two sisters were white and black tortie. I wanted a female grey, but he was the only grey they had, and of course, once he was in my hands, we were in love. Charlie doesn't mind cold weather, and only decides to stay inside below -15. Otherwise, he will not stay indoors, no matter what; snow, rain, thunder, nothing phases him.

Molly is a mini labradoodle and that is her fully grown coat. I do clip her down considerably in the summer. She has a lab undercoat, and this long, body-waved overcoat that is in shades of white blonde through auburn. She is a very sweet, little bit timid, people dog. She doesn't recognize her own dogness. Other dogs intimidate her, and she will follow the people around vs. play with a visiting dog. Her mom is a small chocolate lab, and her dad is an apricot mini poodle. She is now 6 yrs old as of Dec 20th. However, if the cats start rumbling in the house, she is there immediately to break it up. She considers Charlie her baby, and Luc the trouble maker - sadly it is really the other way around 99.9% of the tie.

These are my children, well along with my dear son, who at almost 20 no longer fits on my lap!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby Heidi S » Dec 23, 2012 10:37 pm

Oh, and Thanks for showing all your own sweet babes. I love my pets, and see you all do too!
Heidi S,
Prince George, BC
Zone 3!

Master Gardener in Training....
Heidi S

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 23, 2012 11:09 pm

Bolt sure is a handsome guy, isn't he? Looks like he would be a good guard dog too.

Awww....Momma cat looks like she is competing with the computer for your attention.
She sure is pretty.

Is that you, Dave?

"Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth
are never alone or weary of life" ~ Rachel Carson
CdnChelsea

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 23, 2012 11:16 pm

Lulu, I remember when you got those puppies. Wow, they sure have grown up and what a difference in size. I love the sweet, gentle nature of labs.

You have 2 pictures of cats. The second picture is named Bootsie. Are they the same cat? Either way, your cat(s) are (is) beautiful.
How do the dogs and cat(s) get along?

CdnChelsea

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 23, 2012 11:21 pm

To Laura:

Awwww....Sarah is a little cutie pie. I love dogs who alway look like a puppy even when they are all grown up. I love her markings too.

CdnChelsea

Postby CdnChelsea » Dec 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Joy, I love your cats.
I have always wanted a blue-eyed siamese like your Willow but I heard they can be quite vocal.
After having our old cat "Crazy" till the day he died, I am so glad none of our current 3 cats are vocal. Crazy had the most nerve-grating voice. He drove me crazy....for 17 long years.
I loved him dearly but I tell ya, I sure wanted to get his vocal chords taken out. I can't remember how many times I threatened to do just that.

Oh Joy!!! You have a Maine Coon and he is beautiful! I (obviously) have a thing for Maine Coons.

Love your avatar. When I saw it, I thought of you.

CdnChelsea

PreviousNext

Return to Over the Garden Fence