Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

Epic Fail! My Life as a Garden Maven

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

Re: Epic Fail! My Life as a Garden Maven

Postby RubyTuesday49 » Apr 14, 2013 1:07 am

Heidi - how's your Dad?
Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration.
RubyTuesday49

Postby Knitwitch » May 17, 2013 9:11 am

Any progress, Daisy? I am in my house now for 1 1/2 years. I find it so hard to start yet another garden and wonder if I'll ever stay someplace long enough to have the garden I want.
My family too had tons of talented gardeners on my mom's side but it seemed to skip my mom . She knew some but wasn't very good at turning it into a garden. i started gardening as a little kid and I remember my Grandmother, a scary old lady at that, deciding that I'd inherited her skills. Its usually hit or miss for some things and my design skills are pretty crappy, but there is a pull from the Earth and every spring i can't resist.
Seed starting doesn't always work at first, I've found. It takes some trial and error until you come up with a method that works for you. I have always made use of south facing windows and cardboard boxes cut down and lined with tinfoil to make whats known as a propagation box. Never had the $$ for lights or a green house, but I always chose a home with some south facing windows. :lol:
I hope you get your garden going this year and enjoy it as much as possible.
Alison, in zone 5b Nova Scotia
Knitwitch

Postby FelixBall » Oct 02, 2013 6:30 am

davefrombc wrote:Welcome to the forum Daisy. You'll find a friendly bunch in here . You'll notice there are several general topics and the Garden Fence where general discussions are ... However, We're pretty informal here and often threads get hijacked or led off in directions unrelated to the original post. Search on growing under lights, and seed starting under lights to find quite a bit of discussion on seed starting. There's pictures and discussions on pretty much any question you may have on every aspect of gardening, pets and what have you ... and the occasional banter that may knot the knickers of the more straight laced among us... In other words , we're a family here.

Yes it is like a family here.. there is so much to learn and share which will help us in living better life
FelixBall

Postby FelixBall » Oct 03, 2013 11:36 am

FelixBall wrote:
davefrombc wrote:Welcome to the forum Daisy. You'll find a friendly bunch in here . You'll notice there are several general topics and the Garden Fence where general discussions are ... However, We're pretty informal here and often threads get hijacked or led off in directions unrelated to the original post. Search on growing under lights, and seed starting under led light to find quite a bit of discussion on seed starting. There's pictures and discussions on pretty much any question you may have on every aspect of gardening, pets and what have you ... and the occasional banter that may knot the knickers of the more straight laced among us... In other words , we're a family here.

Yes it is like a family here.. there is so much to learn and share which will help us in living better life
FelixBall

Postby Donavann » Mar 13, 2014 3:55 am

Well I worked, on it for three years and then, we sold the house and then we frequented several a couple of years after, and there it was a lovely garden i planted older and smart looking.
Donavann

Previous

Return to Plant Talk