Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Small Evergreens?

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Small Evergreens?

Postby conniepr » Apr 12, 2013 9:26 am

I have a front yard flower bed with no winter interest that I'm going to redo this summer. I want to keep the peonies, but take out the cranberry bush. I'd like to replace it with a short evergreen but what one? Any ideas? Zone 3 and this flower bed is exposed to hot dry spells in the summer.
010-50pc.jpg
The tall spindly mallows at the back (behind the peonies) are no longer there, I moved them to the back yard. Most of the plants along the front are no longer there either. I have some red fox spirea I was thinking of putting along the front but behind some low growing dianthus.
conniepr

Re: Small Evergreens?

Postby conniepr » Apr 13, 2013 8:41 am

This is what it looked like last year.
026b.jpg
Looking for ideas of what to do this year. I want to completely revamp it, keeping only the peonies.
conniepr

Re: Small Evergreens?

Postby Countryboy » Apr 14, 2013 8:20 am

I wish I knew something . . . anything . . abt small evergreens. But I've never planted any... never even inherited one. :(

Hopefully someone else a little more knowledgeable will pop in with some advice. :)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas