Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Backyard Gardening Ideas

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Backyard Gardening Ideas

Postby PetraZemlickova » May 08, 2013 6:20 am

I have a small backyard. But I'am crazy about gardening.I love the freshness of greenery but due to lack of space i cant go ahead. However my husband suggested that hanging pot plants will look nice.

:)
PetraZemlickova

Re: Backyard Gardening Ideas

Postby Countryboy » May 08, 2013 6:33 am

i'll leave any lengthy suggestions to tara . . . but starting in containers as a first step is a great and simple introduction to gardening. :)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby CG admin » May 08, 2013 10:10 am

Welcome, Petra! I think container gardening is a great way to add greenery and blooms to the yard. Nurseries put together some lovely hanging baskets at this time of year, as well as containers that you could display in your backyard. These could container either lovely flower and foliage combinations or edibles, like herbs, tomatoes or berries. :D
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby PaulineG » May 08, 2013 8:45 pm

I think it is now the best time to start planting colorful flowers and green vegetables in your backyard and you can also make an entertaining outdoor space through out of it.
PaulineG

Postby jeenasmith » May 14, 2013 2:06 am

"Space", that is a big problem for people who loves gardening but due to lack of space they can not plan big..:(
Well, in my case i didn't lose hope and i have used my roof's entire space for gardening.
Will share pics with you, if you want..?
jeenasmith

Postby conniepr » May 15, 2013 8:25 am

Would love to see your pics.

Beware of roof gardening. If your roof isn't built for it the weight of all that soil and water could damage the roof. Also, constant water on the roof might be an issue if it gets through the roof membrane.
conniepr

Postby lilybulb » May 15, 2013 9:02 am

Containers are nice and lots can fit into a small space.You can stack pots acording to size,and grow different flowers in each one.With a piece of rebar,pots can be offset over this and stacked the height of the rebar,looks great when all pots are planted and the best thing is it only takes up about a square foot of space.There are so many possabilities.Do a seach for containers in small spaces,you will get lots of ideas.
lilybulb

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas