Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Jersm's garden project 2013

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Jersm's garden project 2013

Postby Jersm » May 17, 2013 4:54 pm

so this is a few snap shots of my expanded garden this year and a few seedlings that have poped up and survived the last weeks.

sofar ive dug up and tilled all the rows sofar with some still to be tilled. not showing off amazing pics cuz its just with my ipod. i will update once its grown more too.
may17 2013

my soil is clay and rocks but plants only dont like it if its not broken up and tilled made fluffy. other then that clay is very nutritious to plants.
photo (9).JPG
tilled and growing seedsling all along the 2 rows and 2 back rows

photo (8).JPG
3rd row is the one with the shovel tons of rocks removed ready for tomatos. right rows are pending tilling.

photo (4).JPG
letus thined

photo (6).JPG
turnips need to be thinned

photo (7).JPG
a bean plant a yellow one i beleive.

photo (10).JPG
more bean plants i think greens
photo (10).JPG (41.36 KiB) Viewed 1438 times
Jersm

Re: Jersm's garden project 2013

Postby CG admin » May 17, 2013 5:12 pm

Can't wait to see the finished garden... we're expanding ours, too! This year I have two raised beds, as well, to fill. So far in one I have cool-season veggies - peas, radishes, kale, carrots and beets. My husband built a screened cover so the squirrels don't get to everything before it has a chance to grow!
CG admin
Site Admin

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas