Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Before & After... finally done!

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Before & After... finally done!

Postby conniepr » May 29, 2013 8:35 am

My main flower bed at the front of the house has needed to be revamped ever since we moved here (2008). Finally done! Well... still need to top it with bark mulch.
2010-07-08 existing flowerbeds 010b.jpg
Before (taken in 2010). Old cranberry bush and the mallow have to go!
2010-07-08 existing flowerbeds 007b.jpg
Before from the back side. Moved the mallow to back yard in 2010, successfully moved the cranberry bush out this Spring. It is doing well in the new location!
020b.jpg
Flower bed now expanded beyond the stairs, past the deck and joined with another flower bed. Can't wait for all the babies to grow and fill in the spaces!
conniepr

Re: Before & After... finally done!

Postby Countryboy » May 29, 2013 10:42 am

conniepr wrote:the mallow *has* to go!

Hahaha! Absolutely! I leave that for other people's gardens. Not in mine! :) lol
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Knitwitch » Jun 05, 2013 8:34 am

Great job. Its going to just get better as things grow!
Alison, in zone 5b Nova Scotia
Knitwitch

Postby conniepr » Jun 05, 2013 9:17 pm

I finally got the bark mulch on yesterday. It looks sooo much better already! I can't wait for things to start flowering. It's looking like even the peonies that I moved are still going to flower!
conniepr

Postby Knitwitch » Jun 15, 2013 9:04 am

Mulch always makes such a big difference. Gives everything a nice finished and "kept" look plus you have to love a bit less watering! My peonies from my late mother's yard are going to bloom this year too as are my common moss roses that my grandmother had planted so many years ago. These are a couple of things that I grabbed before we put Mom's house on the market 2 years ago. I also grabbed some garden loosestrife but it gets so big and invasive that I may move it to a bigger space and let it go nuts. I never can afford as much mulch as I really need. LOL Or compost...or garden soil... :lol:
Alison, in zone 5b Nova Scotia
Knitwitch

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas