Garden Projects and Ideas - Gardening Forums

Front Garden

Need advice about building a raised garden bed, double-digging or installing an irrigation system? This is the place to find the help you need!

Front Garden

Postby Bark Biter » Jun 06, 2013 9:42 am

So after years and years of not being able to get rid of the grubs, last summer hubby ripped everything thing up in the front lawn and took out I cannot remember how many wheelbarrels full of dirt and crap.

Left it all winter and this spring put down nematodes, the after a couple of weeks it was time to start planting.

All of the lillies and hostas are from by back yard, new sod and some very pretty lava rock from Georgian Bay, need to get more though.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/LouisaH ... c.jpg.html
"Some days are blonder than others"
Not a new user, just lost all my info from years ago when on here.
Bark Biter

Re: Front Garden

Postby Countryboy » Jun 06, 2013 11:43 am

Kudos to your husband. What a lot of work! It looks all ready to start filling in. :)

I love bank gardens. U can see everything at once... no 'plants hiding behind other plants'. ;)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby CG admin » Jun 06, 2013 8:52 pm

This looks really nice! We had to do the same thing at our last house. Grubs destroyed the lawn so we replaced the entire front yard (it was a small city size) with mulch and pathways. It ended up looking so pretty, people would stop to talk about it!
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby mango » Jun 09, 2013 5:18 pm

I couldn't open the picture.
mango

Postby Knitwitch » Jun 15, 2013 8:59 am

LOVELY!!! I ripped out the lawn at our last house for the same exact reason...white grubs were a huge issue in our neighbourhood then. My garden was a jungle instead of the cottage garden I'd envisioned. Yours looks so classic and will fill in beautifully!!! Bravo.
Alison, in zone 5b Nova Scotia
Knitwitch

Return to Garden Projects and Ideas