Plant Talk - Gardening Forums

bergenia

For help in growing and maintaining your favourite plants, from sowing seeds and staking perennials to pruning roses, shrubs and trees, join the discussion.

bergenia

Postby mango » Jun 13, 2013 10:47 am

Hello,

I have another plant bergenia that doesn't bloom. I did move it early spring to a sunny location but not blooms this spring. Would anyone know why it would not bloom?
mango

Re: bergenia

Postby Ian66 » Jun 13, 2013 9:20 pm

Bergenias will grow in a sunny location but they benefit greatly if you shade them from the hot noon day sun....newly planted, young plants or moving it probably has affected the plant and it may not bloom this spring....let it settle into its new location and become estrablished and it should bloom next spring...you could give it a wee bit of fertilizer, but they generally don't need it.....keep the plant well watered through the summer.

Ian
Ian66

Postby mango » Jun 17, 2013 4:16 pm

Ian,

I did move it this spring to a sunny location. I hope it blooms next year.

Thanks.
mango

Postby conniepr » Jun 18, 2013 7:48 am

It's definitely worth keeping even if it doesn't bloom. It's one of the only things green after the snow goes. Spring is so ugly around here without SOMETHING not brown and dead in the gardens! I put in 5 more of these this year, simply because of the encouragement it gives me each Spring.
conniepr

Return to Plant Talk