Container Gardening - Gardening Forums

My 2013 efforts...

For inspiration and advice about gardening in pots and planters, gardening indoors and outdoors, from balconies to terraces, and everything in between.

My 2013 efforts...

Postby conniepr » Jun 14, 2013 8:46 am

Here are some of my flower pots this year...
006b.jpg

007b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conniepr

Re: My 2013 efforts...

Postby Northpine » Jun 14, 2013 10:04 am

Purple and orange are one of my favourite combos. Very nice Connie. I think I have the same begonia. I bought a basket of 4, divided them up and used them in four of my shade containers. I wonder if they'll keep blooming all summer. They make quite a statement!
What is the pink flower in the second pic?
Marie
Zone 1b, Northern MB
One of the most delightful things about a garden is the anticipation it provides. ~W.E. Johns, The Passing Show
Northpine

Postby CG admin » Jun 14, 2013 11:07 am

These are gorgeous! I've been waiting for my pots to fill in a bit before posting pics. :)
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby conniepr » Jun 14, 2013 7:59 pm

The pink flowers..."Madeira, Crested Merlot" (argyranthemum). I keep my tags. :) They were so full of gorgeous blooms when I bought them. I have deadheaded now... hopefully they come back just as strong.

Tara, I waited 3 weeks before taking these pics for the same reason. And again for the same reason, I didn't take pics of the other pots or the hanging baskets. I bought smaller this year trying to cut back on costs. Last year I paid $9.99 for almost everything and the pots were great right from day one. This waiting for them to fill in though... not sure what's best. If I had more money, I'd go back to the same nursery as last year again!
conniepr

Postby conniepr » Jun 15, 2013 5:04 am

Oh, and the begonias. I had the same begonias last year but a different color and they did bloom steadily all summer long. They were beautiful!
021b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conniepr

Return to Container Gardening