Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Breaking the Cycle of Spam ....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Breaking the Cycle of Spam ....

Postby Laura » Aug 07, 2013 9:47 am

Since most of the posts here ( of late ) have been non-gardening in subject matter.Let me break that cycle and post a garden picture for the forum users.Just a little something to go with the kitchen ( and now something else ) posts ... :D

Laura

Re: Breaking the Cycle of Spam ....

Postby Countryboy » Aug 07, 2013 8:36 pm

Great pic! And a pretty way to shade a warm wall. :)
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Laura » Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

This is the sunny spot in my garden so this is where the Patch is.I try to take advantage of that warm wall and it usually does pretty well.This picture is from a few years back.This year the Patch has had a few set backs ... not looking real good at this point.

Laura

Postby Ian66 » Aug 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Are there no moderators on this site to deal with the spammers?
I was a moderator on 2 other websites and we used to block these spammers so they wouldn't do what they are doing........ruining the joy of garden talk......I may just stop coming here if it keeps up.......since I have written this website numerous times and no response and worse.....no action.....

There.....rant over....I feel better.......sorry to highjack your beautiful garden pics....you should feel proud!

Ian
Ian66

Postby Countryboy » Aug 19, 2013 1:04 pm

Only one mod, Ian... and that's Tara.

But management will not write her the software necessary to control who joins the forum. So we get bots signing up and posting as members.

I still like to give the best advice I know to new gardeners... so I ignore it as much as possible. U are another very helpful member.
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience.
.....Ralph Waldo Emmerson....

Frank . . ON5a
Countryboy

Postby Laura » Aug 19, 2013 2:44 pm

I'm so sorry Ian that you have had the same experience as I have had.It says so much about the parent company of CG.Someone is not doing their job.The spam is getting worse this past week or so.This forum is basically dead.I do admire the few people who try to keep on with it.Who try to give new posters help.I really wish this had not happened.

I think it would be much better to close the forum section of the magazine's site.It is of no real use to anyone and the advertisers are getting nothing for the money they are spending.Tara has tried to be supportive but her hands are tied and all she can do is listen to complaints over and over.An impossible task for any person.

I don't believe a fix is coming.That is why the new forum was started.
Laura

Postby CG admin » Aug 19, 2013 4:03 pm

Hi guys!
I'm on vacation and left the forum in the hands of a colleague to moderate. Sorry it has been so bad. I was just checking in to see how everything was going. I will be back next week to deal with the backlog. Thanks for your patience!
Tara
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby Laura » Aug 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey Tara ... dropping in while on vacation !! ... do they (CG ) know what a great employee you are ... :)

Hope you have a great time ... the last thing you should be concerned about is this forum .... no one else is ... :lol:

Laura

Postby MareE » Aug 27, 2013 7:39 pm

HEARTFELT DITTO, LAURA!!
klink!klinks!
Tho there is always a chance of better times ahead...;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Return to Over the Garden Fence