Garden Seed Exchange - Gardening Forums

3rd Annual Canadian Autumn Seed Exchange

Forget the seed catalogues. Trading seeds is a great way to expand your garden with new plants, flowers, fruits, vegetables, shrubs, and trees.

3rd Annual Canadian Autumn Seed Exchange

Postby nickyn » Sep 26, 2013 12:29 pm

I anyone is interested in a large Canadian only seed exchange, let me know. There are 28 people already participating & the exchange has only been announced for 1 day!

Happy harvesting :D
nickyn

Re: 3rd Annual Canadian Autumn Seed Exchange

Postby nickyn » Sep 30, 2013 9:56 am

We are up to 38 gardeners! You can find the details on my blog below or check out last year's post. It is a simple swap. Send in packages of seed & get more back :)

If you are feeling shy or haven't done any swapping before, this is an easy friendly swap. There are a great variety of gardeners & seeds. Some people send in 5 different types of seed, some send in the full 40 allowed plus lots of bonuses to spread around the group!

Come and join in the fun :D
nickyn

Postby nickyn » Nov 15, 2013 10:25 pm

There were several gardeners on this forum that joined the exchange. Not sure that they read this thread, but just in case...

Every package has come in on time except one! Hopefully it will show up early next week. I will let you all know when the return packages will be sent out.

After a few last minute cancellations we ended up with 45 people participating, a bit up from last year. There were 9 flower only wish lists, 29 veg/herb only wish lists and the rest were a mix. There are a massive amount of tomatoes this year, I assume that is because Heather's swap is taking the year off. There were also a large amount of beans this year. Tormato's donation seems to have spurred on a lot of bean submissions! There are a lot less herbs than the last couple of years.

Almost everyone ended up with calendula and dill. These were the 2 most sent in items, followed closely by cleome, sweet red cherry peppers and Cole tomato!

There were also some things in the swap that I haven't seen before; barley, oats... There were some beautiful varieties of seed; Painted Pony beans and Painted Mountain Corn!

There were also a TON of bonus seeds this year, so be prepared for a crazy tape-job when you open your return package... Gotta keep the envelope thin enough to make it through the mail slot at the post office! Those beans are large!

If anyone has anything that they would like to add to their wish list, try to let me know by Monday, as I am taking the weekend off from seed sorting & sorting my garden shed & woodpile instead (bah). Just don't ask me to take out the calendula or dill... This is what seed bomb guerrilla gardening is made of ;)

Have a good weekend & thank you for all of the work that everyone put into their packages!

Nicky
nickyn

Postby Dhrushka » Nov 23, 2013 9:14 pm

I am definately interested in a seed swap!
Dhrushka

Return to Garden Seed Exchange