Over the Garden Fence - Gardening Forums

Hello ....

Pull up a chair and grab a cup of Java for a cozy chat about what's on your mind and what's happening in your neck of the woods. This is a strictly for fun non-gardening topics.

Hello ....

Postby Laura » Dec 05, 2013 10:03 am

Anybody here ?

Laura

Re: Hello ....

Postby MareE » Jan 03, 2014 8:02 pm

Laura. An absolutely remarkably GREEN pleasant Pheasant capture in contrast to what Ma Nature's been dishing out Coast to Coast since before Christmas! oy veh

Personally, this WEATHER is very much what I recalled as a youngster. Always a good outdoor skating rink to enjoy for instance. Towering banks of snow turning sidewalks into tunnels not in evidence yet given the halt in snowfall till temps rise.

Fast forward a decade or twee ;o}....Challenging and not FUN exactly.... But DARN does it feel CANADIAN!! Again.

Hello back from creaking Ol' MareE;o}
~do not make tragedies of trifles ~ do not shoot butterflies with rifles~author unknown~
MareE

Postby Laura » Jan 06, 2014 11:45 pm

Hey MareE ... Thanks for the reply.Things have not changed here much I guess.I wish CG would put a fix in but they don't seem to want to.

Yes .... the weather has been hardy this winter so far.I don't mind it,the house is warm,much better than the cracker box we over-wintered in when I was growing up.There was ice buildup on the windows so thick you couldn't see out and frost on the bedroom wall when you woke up in the morning .... no wonder we didn't mind sleeping three in a bed ... in the winter anyway :lol:
Laura

Postby CG admin » Jan 07, 2014 10:15 am

Hi Laura,
There actually have been improvements with the spam issue. There was a fix at the end of the summer, but the odd one still sneaks through! I check in every day...
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby Laura » Jan 07, 2014 12:27 pm

Good to know Tara.I may come a bit more if things are improved.Still a bit curious about the number of views versus reply .... seems some scanning is still happening.
Laura

Postby CG admin » Jan 07, 2014 1:41 pm

I agree, there are definitely more people reading than participating! I think people often stumble upon posts by accident when they're searching for something online! Not everyone who comes may want to join in on a conversation - but hopefully they learn something or are inspired by previous posts! :D
CG admin
Site Admin

Postby Laura » Jan 07, 2014 2:05 pm

Yes you are right but when there are 10,553 views or 11,721 .... THAT is not normal browsing.
Laura

Postby bluewillow » Jan 08, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello Laura & Mare O'

What with the ice storm and then snow and record breaking temps will be happy for the warmer temps for weekend. Bring on Spring showers. I cannot wait but must.

Bw
If dandelions were hard to grow, they would be most welcome on any lawn. ~Andrew Mason
bluewillow

Postby Laura » Jan 09, 2014 12:31 am

Hey BW !! .... we are getting a thaw this weekend here in New Brunswick ... yee haw !! I have so much planning to do I am thankful for the time. :D
Laura

Postby CG admin » Jan 09, 2014 10:03 am

I'm happy, too! But a little concerned if there is too much rain and snow melt! I don't want it finding its way into my basement! Currently carefully planning my seed order...
CG admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Over the Garden Fence